Pedometer help

Options
I have been using a pedometer to get 10k steps..at the very least. I wear and Omron and it tells me steps, caloried burned and distance. Does anyone know what I should enter for exercise. Sometimes I get it through out the day and cleaning, but usuallyI get it through long walk on top of my day. :happy:

Replies

• freakincampers
    Options
    I use the following site for converting steps into calories:
    http://walking.about.com/library/cal/uccalc3.htm
  • rosy54
    rosy54 Posts: 46
    Options
    Since 2,000 steps = approximately 100 calories burned, I put my ped activity under "walking, 2.5 mph, leisurely pace" I'm assuming that if you do a planned walk for a set amount of time, you would enter it using the appropriate walking speed. You don't burn a lot of calories walking around the house but, if you're on your feet most of the day, it does add up. FYI, you can do at least 100 steps during each commercial break during your favorite show! Hope this helps. :flowerforyou:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    I, too, use the 2.5 leisure walk after checking my pedometer. I work 12 hr shifts and I am on my feet walking...to the rooms, to the med room, to the pharmacy, to the blood bank...etc. I usually keep myself somewhat honest and say 2-3 hrs of steady walking. I do stand a lot and sit for charting. if it is a busy day...I definitely give myself more.
  • Kmccall
    Kmccall Posts: 6
    Options
    thank you so much for your responses.
    So far today,I have taken 7800 steps
    walked 3.44 miles
    and it says I've burned over 300 calories for those steps

I teach, so I walk about 6000 steps by 3:30...so I just wasn't sure if that is something that goes towards my day. By the way, I said I sit mostly for my calories on my quiz.