Type 1 Diabetic Needing Diabetic weight loss pal

Options
kithalloyd
kithalloyd Posts: 135 Member
Its so hard to lose weight and be diabetic. I have been battling with this for 20 years now over half my life. I would love to have a pal who isdealing with the same issues as well. Yet any pal is welcome. Just add me as your friend the more followers the better!:smile::smile: :smile: :smile:

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP:flowerforyou:

I am not personally diabetic. But my husband is a type 1 diabetic. Who at one time was considered brittle but no longer is.

You can do this!!
  • kithalloyd
    Options
    thanks so much for the support. You know from your husband that the journey is a hard one. Having a great support system is everything!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    He is my support at this point. It is a work in progress for all of us.
  • kithalloyd
    Options
    Seems as though there would be more diabetics out there who struggle is there anyone else that would lik to share their challenges and how they hav overcome them?
  • GetFitCarly
    Options
    I'm diabetic too I'm struggling a lot at the moment especially with tummy fat. I'm getting more and more depressed about it
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm a type 1 diabetic. Diagnosed 34 years ago. I've used a pump for 15 years now. Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Seems as though there would be more diabetics out there who struggle is there anyone else that would lik to share their challenges and how they hav overcome them?

Would be glad to share my experiences with you and anyone else. I have been a type I for 29 years and have had different period in my life where there were a lot of difficulties. I have seen blood sugars well over 900 and seen blood sugars that registered 9 at the hospital lab, the lowest they could register. I lost both my mom (at age 65) and my sister (at 42) to renal failure. My sister was also blind from retinopathy. Losing weight, for me, and for any diabetic, is detrimental for life. I sent a friend request if you are interested in someone who posts daily.
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!! I was diagnosed on Sept 7th (2012) as a Type 1 diabetic after a few visits in a week to the ER. I'm 49 - I know right? Kinda odd that I'm now a Type 1 so late in life!! So, I've got LOTS of issues with it - it certainly wasn't in "my plan." I'm still trying to work through the diagnosis and what it means to me. I've got my 3-month check up with my endocrinologist tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what he says. I know at a minimum he'll be adjusting my insulin dosages.

Feel free to add me - I can use all the help I can get. I have so many questions :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • jbalistriere
    jbalistriere Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with T1D 16 years ago. I'd love to add you. It will be helpful to talk to people who understand, what I feel is, the double edged sword of exercise to get healthy and stay within your limits and then struggling when your insulin becomes too much and you're dropping low all the time and eating (what feels like) tons of calories to keep from an emergency situation.
  • kit2783
    kit2783 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Type 1 here as well - diagnosed Oct 1994. It's certainly challenging to lose weight and maintain healthy BG levels. Happy to chat!!
  • lourdesengel
    lourdesengel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lourdes. I am also 49 years old and was diagnosed when I was 43 - just by chance during a yearly physical! It has been a struggle! I gained weigth last year (long story) and now I am struggeling with losing weight. I need to lose 15-20 lbs. Not much some say but it seems impossible for me! It has been very difficult.
    Now have a fitbit and it is some what motivating. I shouldn't complain given others have had this all their lives.
    I need to admit that I likely don't take as much insulin as I should in fear I would just gain more weight. Ridiculous...but sadly true.
    Help! Need support and kick in the butt. Happy to chat!
  • henleyhotel
    Options
    Hi, I'm Type 1 diagnosed 2 years ago at age 38...I am finding that maintaining a healthy weight while balancing diabetes is TOUGH!!!!