Saying No to Grains, But Not Exactly Carbs?

Options
What are your guys' thoughts on this?

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I say yes to both.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Why would you cut out grains unless you have a sensitivity such celiac disease?
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love me some pasta & bread. No way!

However, if you think you might be celiac, rice, potatoes, quinoa etc are all excellent :smile:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why would you cut out grains unless you have a sensitivity such celiac disease?

^^that would be my question as well.
  • glitteredgrave
    glitteredgrave Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Grains are the best. Why say no to them? They make you feel full and taste delicious and stuff.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I am eating homemade apricot pancakes with ice cream and protein cheesecake, all drizzled with ginger syrup, at this very minute. Yummy.
  • super_b_star
    super_b_star Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I haven't the slightest idea actually, lol. just something i was rethinking about and remembering what I've heard in the past. I know my carb intake from bread,pasta,ect needs to be less (I dont eat as complex and healthy carbs as I should) and i was thinking maybe a lot of my inabilities to feel healthy and lose weight might have been due to this.

Increasing it by getting it from fruit and veggies definitely, but i still feel like I eat too much of the simple carbs...?

My diary isnt up to date at all, i suppose im just rambling :P
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I haven't the slightest idea actually, lol. just something i was rethinking about and remembering what I've heard in the past. I know my carb intake from bread,pasta,ect needs to be less (I dont eat as complex and healthy carbs as I should) and i was thinking maybe a lot of my inabilities to feel healthy and lose weight might have been due to this.

Increasing it by getting it from fruit and veggies definitely, but i still feel like I eat too much of the simple carbs...?

Do you weigh, measure and log your food?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am eating homemade apricot pancakes with ice cream and protein cheesecake, all drizzled with ginger syrup, at this very minute. Yummy.

Tease :tongue:
  • super_b_star
    Options

You seem very active and have a lot of muscle though...I do not, unfortunately. I guess I kinda thought the high carb/ high grain might have only applied to people who are already in awesome shape or run a million miles a day.

Again, I fully admit i am uneducated on the subject. I am more looking for advice and facts, so feel free to say them! Im perfectly fine with being wrong in my assumptions :)
  • super_b_star
    Options

Not recently, no. I was pretty dedicated to using this website for a while, but back then I hardly knew what i was even suppose to be measuring for! I'm open to a lot more healthy food now, so i'm more or less 'creeping' back into what i hope to be a healthier lifestyle again.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

You seem very active and have a lot of muscle though...I do not, unfortunately. I guess I kinda thought the high carb/ high grain might have only applied to people who are already in awesome shape or run a million miles a day.

Again, I fully admit i am uneducated on the subject. I am more looking for advice and facts, so feel free to say them! Im perfectly fine with being wrong in my assumptions :)

I don't do cardio and often eat 200g+ of carbs. I usually am between 150g and 240g.

Have a read of this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/841305-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag

The title is a bit deceiving.
  • TheRealPDouble
    Options
    I've worked very hard to understand it and while I am quite educated on the topic... I've learned not to discuss this topic on the forums... But I get what you're saying.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Not recently, no. I was pretty dedicated to using this website for a while, but back then I hardly knew what i was even suppose to be measuring for! I'm open to a lot more healthy food now, so i'm more or less 'creeping' back into what i hope to be a healthier lifestyle again.

Another read for you: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819925-the-basics-don-t-complicate-it

Hopefully it will help.
  • super_b_star
    Options
    I've worked very hard to understand it and while I am quite educated on the topic... I've learned not to discuss this topic on the forums... But I get what you're saying.

because....?
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Hitting macros, including carbs, is a distant priority behind calories in terms of successful fat loss. Focus on meeting your energy needs relative to exercise and goals first. Even if you consume less calories compared to me, once you approach your goal you should have met nearly all your macro goals anyway. Thus, if you have remaining calories, you can fill them with calorie-dense foods of your choosing.

I am doing a cut, too, without cardio - just lifting five days a week.
  • super_b_star
    Options
    Hitting macros, including carbs, is a distant priority behind calories in terms of successful fat loss. Focus on meeting your energy needs relative to exercise and goals first. Even if you consume less calories compared to me, once you approach your goal you should have met nearly all your macro goals anyway. Thus, if you have remaining calories, you can fill them with calorie-dense foods of your choosing.

I know this is going to sound completely stupid and you're gonna go 'why is this chick even on here?'

But i'm not sure I follow what you're saying. As in, idk what macros are. Yup. I'm that out of the loop :(
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I know this is going to sound completely stupid and you're gonna go 'why is this chick even on here?'

But i'm not sure I follow what you're saying. As in, idk what macros are. Yup. I'm that out of the loop :(

Macros are protein, fats, carbohydrates.

Don't feel bad asking questions.
  • super_b_star
    Options

I don't do cardio and often eat 200g+ of carbs. I usually am between 150g and 240g.

Have a read of this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/841305-corn-used-my-man-parts-as-a-speedbag

I wanted to ask, why don't you do any cardio?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Have a read of this:

I wanted to ask, why don't you do any cardio?

I hate it. I strength train but cardio bores me to tears.

ETA: to be fair, I might find something like running outside to be less boring, but I am terrible at it (which ironically is one reason I probably should be doing it)