alcohol?

Options
all last year i was so healthy and exercised regularly but in december holidays i slacked off, and so i decided that i'm going to get back into it starting tomorrow... but i'm going out on friday night & will be consuming alcohol... so will that ruin my whole week of clean eating and exercising?! i after friday i won't be having alcohol for a while so i can focus on my health, but ... will my hard work this week count?

Replies

• heyitsme3478
    heyitsme3478 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try to have light drinks. A lot of places have "skinny girl" products now, which may cost a bit more but are better for you. You could also drink water between every drink (you'll have less of a hangover and consume a lot less alcohol without losing the buzz)
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Of course it will count, you have burned a significant amout of calories to justify having a blast :-) go for it
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    make sure you log your drinks and include them in your calories - maybe do some extra excercise during the day to give yourself more of a calories buffer to accomodate them. ultimately if you stick to your calories for the day, whether they come from alcohol or not won't have a great impact. but if you eat a full calorie allowance of meals, then put a bottle of wine on top of that and then get the munchies and eat junk food then that will affect your weightloss. just be sensible and you should be fine
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Yes. Keep track of all your drinks just to review your night the next day. I have found that just 2 beers can add 2lbs on the weekend. Might be "holding water" weight but it always messes up my weeks hard work
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is the alcohol itself that is the problem. It is the 4:00 am trip to Waffle House afterwards that always gets me....
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I'm hung over right now. *ouch*
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    exercise on friday and watch what you consume friday night. if you have the cals, go for it!
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is the alcohol itself that is the problem. It is the 4:00 am trip to Waffle House afterwards that always gets me....

Exactly.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    You can fit alcohol into your calories! Have a good burn and eat low calories! I've been able to save around 1000 for alcohol with a good workout at the gym !
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    All this talk of beer and waffles is making me want beer and waffles!!! Damn you all !!! ;P
    Seriously though... You worked hard all week, probably banked a few extra points... You don't do it on a regular basis... You'll be FINE!!! You might be "puffy" for a day or so, but drink lots of water and flush that **** out... Back to normal in no time!!! HAVE FUN!!! :) ... Stay away from the Waffle House though... Haha!!! ;P
  • Mistyblu08
    Mistyblu08 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    jillian swears by tequila shot with lime if you have to drink :)
  • DirkPhilip
    Options
    Also largely depends what you drinking...

I was good all week last week. And Friday I went out for a few Coronas. Ended up going over 1200 calories on my daily alowance!!!

I suppose one or two cheat days in a month is a good thing!!! you need to live too!!!

Rehydrate with loads of water the next day and keep the calorie intake normal is what I say!!!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It will only ruin your week if you spend the entire week on the Internet either worrying about it or canvassing opinions on whether you should worry about it.