Polar Bear Plunge

Options
firemanfive0
firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
Doing my first polar bear plunge this Saturday...wooooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody else ever done one of these??

Replies

• Nikkismission
    Nikkismission Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! I never done one, but am very interested in it.. Where are you doing it at?
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What is Polar Bear Plunge???????
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    What is Polar Bear Plunge???????

It's taking a plunge into a frozen lake in the middle of winter. My son wants to do one next month.
  • firemanfive0
    Options
    OMG!!!! I never done one, but am very interested in it.. Where are you doing it at?

This one is in Northern Indiana on Tippecanoe lake
  • firemanfive0
    Options

This one is in Northern Indiana on Tippecanoe lake

here is a link http://www.facebook.com/events/311188912335771/?ref=3
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    New Years Day in Savannah years ago - not my thing:(

Have fun!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I did a polar plunge last year, it wasn't bad at all. And the time spent in the water was very short. In fact, I thought the water wasn't cold enough. I'm pretty sure my swimming pool in the very beginning of summer was colder than that.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Oh I wish I could do that!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    It's on my list of 30 things to do before I turn 30.
    I was going to go this New Years Day but chickened out. I feel foolish - I thought it was only for the first day of the year.. maybe I can find a few fools to do it with me! haha
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Did one NYD last year and it was one of the best things I've done.

It's a charity fundraiser for the local children's hospital and was a big party on the beach. I wanted to do it again this year but we were out of the country for the holidays. 2014 I'll jump again!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Never done it personally,I cannot stand the cold, but know people who have. Here in Delaware they use the ocean, have been for 22 years as a Special Olympics fundraiser.. Water temp is usually in the 50's.