43 pounds gone (with pics)

Options
sharkweek
sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
I never thought I'd be posting in the Success Stories forum. While I'm planning to lose more weight, I took progress photos yesterday that mirrored ones from six months ago, and I was surprised to see a real difference.

First, the backstory. I'm 5'9"/5'10"ish. Size 16 was my default size for so long that I still look for those clothes when I'm shopping. I was a size 14 in middle/high school, but I always figured I was about 120 pounds. When I was 14 years old, I found out I was 172 pounds. I went straight into an insane crash diet of 200-600 calories a day. I dropped down to 145 pounds and felt as amazing as you can while being obsessed with wanting to see more bones and writing journal entries about how much you hate yourself. So, really, not that amazing.

As we all know, insane crash diets do not last. I gained it all back and then some. For the next 12 years or so, I continued bingeing and restricting with emphasis on bingeing. The result was a peak weight of 226, where I hovered for the last two years. Last June, a close friend went vegan for health reasons; I'd been vegan for animal-loving hippie reasons for a while, but I decided to give healthy eating a try with her since we already ate together quite a bit. This coincided with summer, when I spend lots of time swimming, and with beginning to ride my bike to the metro rather than taking the bus.

I can't pinpoint when things changed, but I give biking most of the credit. I used to think that since I didn't like the treadmill or the elliptical, I didn't like working out. It turns out that I just like being outdoors. I'm lucky enough to have good bike trails in the area, and when I started exploring them, I found a form of exercise I genuinely enjoyed. I went from a not-even-one-mile ride to the metro to 15- and 20-mile rides for fun. I started biking the 8 miles to work a few times a week. I also started eating tons more raw vegetables and kept my intake around 1600 calories.

On to the pictures. While I've lost about 43 pounds total, I took my initial progress photos after losing 10 pounds, so I'm down 30+ from when these were taken.

progress2_zps28df1dfa.jpg
progress1_zps74345ca3.jpg

These next two are both from yesterday (no old version), in more typical clothes. I'm now a size 12 or 14 depending on the brand -- these jeans are actually 10s!

progress3_zpsaff13b99.jpg

I'm not even in the healthy range for my height yet, so there's definitely more weight to lose, but I'm actually excited to keep going. Plus, I'm enjoying my more active lifestyle. While the winter weather messes with my biking, I'm working on indoor rock climbing and planning skiing/snowboarding trips. When I filled out my profile on MFP, one of my reasons to get in shape was to be proud of what my body could do. I'm getting there.

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation....well done!
  • blueyegrl
    blueyegrl Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    You are so pretty! And girl...you got curves!!! WORK IT! :happy: Congratulations on such a wonderful transformation! I know you want to lose more, but you really look fantastic! Awesome progression!!!
  • GoneKona
    Options
    Well done! Keep going on that whole *kitten* kicking thing!
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic and you are looking good! Congrats and encourages me to post, someday!
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing achievement - I just love your curves. Well done hon, and keep it up!! You've obviously cracked it.
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!!!! What brand of jeans are those? We are the same weight and very similar shape...I need new jeans! LOL Great job :)
  • jackiomy8
    jackiomy8 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE girlfriend, your body looks amazing :) Keep up the good work. I'm adding you .. youre an inspiration for me :) Bravo ~
  • alusainc
    alusainc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! And thanks for inspiring the rest of us. You look great in your 'unhealthy' state. Keep up the good work.
  • naturallynikki
    Options
    Your curves are killing it!!! You look amazing! Good luck on the rest of your journey!
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :) Glad you found something that works for you!! :)
  • gina2378
    gina2378 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job! It is always inspiring to see someone doing so well!! :) Thanks for sharing!
  • NatzC123
    NatzC123 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you look amazing, what a difference, keep up the great work. :smile:
  • Sweetpickles99
    Options
    Your hard work is showing..you are looking great..keep it up!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!!!! :)
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! You're doing a really great job. :)
  • missodu
    missodu Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    wow! awesome change! great WORK!
  • sweetcheeks1978
    Options
    You have an amazing figure! Well done xx
  • nachodman
    nachodman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job...you look great! Keep up the good work! Truly inspiring and a great example to follow!:smile:
  • Cladd71
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the awesome work! :)
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Way to go - great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!