still not feeling smaller

Options
i almost wrote "do other people have this problem", but i'm sure some people do and i would just love to hear others vent as well (and give advice) =)

i have lost over 20lbs (13.8% of my weight and am now solidly in the healthy BMI). i have gone down basically two pant sizes but i still feel huge! i go to the gym a lot, and seeing my legs in shorts i just think my thighs are so big and my knees look so bad. my original goal was 30lbs, but i think i'm going to up it to 35lbs. if this is what 20 lbs down looks like, there's no way i only have 10lbs left to lose.

others with similar experience? things people do to feel better about this?

Replies

• mollyelliott
    mollyelliott Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    ive lost 13.. about half of my goal.. some days im like damn.. i look good.. and others i lean more towards the .. ewwww... but im convinced i have fat knees as well.. i will just have too see what i look like when i reach my goal and reassess.. one tip tho.. on the days i like my body.. i always take a picture lol
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    I think it's takes time for the brain to catch up ,you still see yourself as the fat person .
  • h_eloise86
    h_eloise86 Posts: 124
    Options
    I have already lost 16 pounds and my husband says my body is looking different.
    I just don't see it. Perhaps it is because I have a lot more to lose.
    Or maybe it is what 5010 said. It's taking my brain a little bit to catch up and less that i'm not as fat. Lol.
    But either way, twenty pounds is amazing.
    You rock!!
  • kajaknowers
    kajaknowers Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 lbs and altho I still want to lose another 45 lbs I look in the mirror and don't see a change.....I haven't brought the courage to take photos of me just yet as I don't think there is enough of a significant change even though I am down 2 dress sizes also but I think thats what most people experience.....changes that are so slight each day eventually add up but to us they seem insignificant....I have been small before but I was still in the mind of a fat person....I hated my legs my stomach but later on when I looked at photos I saw an beautiful girl but thats the trick of our head.....we will probably never be totally happy with ourselves but to be in the normal weight category as you are....regardless of how u feel u look, your healthy.

x
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    You look at yourself every day so you don't see the changes. Try to find some before pictures and compare them. If I ever doubt how far I've come, I look a pictures of myself from 2 years ago. Also, I've noticed that it takes a few weeks to settle into your new size. People generally don't notice my weight loss until I haven't lost anything for a couple of weeks.
    When I was confused about my small size but the extra 10 pounds on the scale, I bought a body fat tester. It helps keep things in perspective more than the BMI number or the bathroom scale. I have muscle now and it makes me appear smaller than an extra 10 pounds of fat would.