new to the site have a long way to go

Options
Hi everyone i am a mom of three looking to shed the tons of weight i have put on over the years. Last year i quit smoking and i have gained 50 pounds. I feel awefull. I am looking forward to taking off the weight in a healthy way.,:happy:

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats on quitting smoking:drinker:

You came to the right place if you're looking to get healthy and meet many motivating ppl:flowerforyou:

Becca:heart:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello countrymom, welcome to MFP. Congratulations on your huge victory already I see in your future still even more big goals being met.:smile: Good Luck with the fitness thing.

Jason
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    you came to the right place :)

i believe you will do great with the healthy and getting fit :)
    congrats on quitting on smoking... that is always huge. :) i cant relate to it. but my dad could :)

and im proud of you :):flowerforyou: :blushing:
    5010 Posts: 59
    Options
    Keep at it you will do it x
  • xDeannaGarciax
    Options
    Mom to 5 here! Welcome, first and foremost! I defenitly think you will find the motivation and support you need here! Here is the link to my new started group, we just started 2 days ago, it is mother friendly and we do new challenges each week with a weigh in every Tuesday! We would love to have you join us

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/92304-dancing-for-daily-cardio-who-would-ve-known-it-d-work-so?page=4
  • mallieh
    mallieh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) I am new too and looking forward to losing this weight! Awesome job quitting smoking, that is huge! If you can do that, then you can lose weight too :)
  • jjohnson75
    jjohnson75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Sis.. Glad you joined.. Seems like a wonderful site for us both to benefit from....
  • mkep3000
    mkep3000 Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm so glad you both joined! I love this site and know you will find whatever support you need. Good luck to us all!
  • countrymom
    Options
    Thank you for inviting me it realy has made me stay on track with my food and exercise.. the people are great. I am sure this is going to help us both. thank you again.:flowerforyou:
  • mrvoeller
    Options
    I just joined this site as well- I joined a health club a few months ago and found out about this site from someone there.
    I like the idea of tracking my food and exercise on line- that should help me out alot!
    I am 48, mother of 2 and need encouragement every step of the way!

Best of luck to all of us!!:wink: