Long way to go..... Need friends in the same boat!

Options
I have a very ambitious weight loss goal of almost 83 pounds. According to the old fashioned "charts" I should lose more then that but I have my own goal. I went to a personal trainer and he had me in perfect shape in 2006. Since that time I got married, had a baby, lost my mom, and got divorced. My best friend just got engaged and I will be in her wedding 7/20/13. Since I am so goal-oriented this is a perfect time for me to get myself back to where I want to be. I am a single mom with a full time job so I am very limited with my time and activities. But I have all the tools I need to make this change. Just have to do it! I need support! Anyone that wants to be my friend and support me I would greatly appreciate it!! :-)

Replies

• rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    :smile: hi, im trying to loose 40lb and need to try and drop a 24 for a wedding in march. feel free to add me.
  • hayleycreates
    hayleycreates Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've also got a big goal. I'm sending you both a FR. Anyone else feel free to add me. I very dedicated and believe in keeping motivated. I also love to review food journals too. I'll encourage you and kick your butt if you want me too!!

Cheers,
    Hayley
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Ive got a big goal to get too, more than my ticker, baby steps first. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've got a long road ahead as well. Feel free to add me :)
  • Em_x90x
    Options
    Hey, I have a big goal too. I'm getting married in August so I'm using it as my goal. I have a little boy who is nearly 2 who keeps me on my toes so I can't get as much done as I'd like to, I am trying though. I will send you a FR if that's okay, it'll be nice to get to know one another and support each other through our journey's.
  • 7sherry3
    Options
    my overall goal is 60lbs but im set a goal of 20 at a time my first 20 i want to lose by my 40th birthday in march. feel free to add me and we can do this journey together.
  • kelbel76
    kelbel76 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom too and need to lose between 50 and 60 pounds. I need all the motivation I can get! Request sent!
  • runsforbubbles
    runsforbubbles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am here for you. I want to lose a hundred pounds. I am a mom of a one year old, work full time too! Let's support each other. Dog, kids, boyfriend, seems like the thing that comes last is yourself. I also work for a fitness company and the fact I am over weight is making my job more difficult.....I NEED TO DO THIS! Let's do it together!
  • Nursey318
    Nursey318 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My goal is 30 pounds. My problem has never been with what I eat. I have trouble eating. I tend to eat when hungry and that amounts to once or twice a day, which tricks my body into starvation mode. I currently lead a very sedimentary lifestyle due to a few medical issues, but I have decided I will get back into the clothes in my closet; most of which still have tags on them. Any advice is appreciated.
  • tara_612
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am an Aussie gal that's somehow managed to gain 36kg or 79 pound in the last 10 years.

Am looking to try and rid myself of 25kg or 55 pounds, then I will re-*kitten* as I am looking to do it with healthy eating and exercise which will obviously build muscle which weighs more than weight.....I guess my end goal is to fit into my little black dresses again so aiming for size and shape more than the scale!

Feel free to add me if you would like some encouragement and virtual 'butt kicking along the way, all I ask is you dish the same back in return :)
  • kristinlc88
    kristinlc88 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of 73 by August for a wedding.
    Currently set to lose 2 pounds a week, and doing 60 minutes of cardio AT LEAST 5 days a week.
    I can already tell its going to take a lot of encouragement and dedication. It's seeming almost impossible right now.
  • christiking1980
    christiking1980 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! You all ROCK! Thank you so much for the friend requests! And it makes me feel great to know that there are so many others out there like me. Please feel free to keep me in check and give me a virtual butt kicking if I need it!! :happy:
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I am so so busy. Working on my masters degree with three small children and a workaholic husband. But I believe any goal is ambitious whether its 10 lbs or 100lbs. However I want to lose about 60 pounds, so we are pretty close to eachother. I didn't have a time limit, besides being where I wanted to by the end of the year. We can do this!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me, I need to go down 60 lbs to be where my doctor wants me to be. It not been a easy road, you need support... MFP is awesome everyone is very helpful, supportive and knowledgeable. Which I would have joined sooner. I am some what new been here a few months. Learned a lot... Together we all can do this... :)
  • pamperedbecky
    pamperedbecky Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a big goal (I'd love to lose 50, although closer to 60 or 70 would be better!), but it scares the heck out of me. I hate looking at such big numbers and it discourages me. It's been YEARS since I've lost a good amount of weight (I lost 50 within the year after having my now-11 year old son and it's been bad ever since). I'm an immediate-gratification kind of person (so just snacking on crap without thinking about it gets me in trouble) so I hate how long it takes to see results and notice an overall difference.

I guess because we're on here, it's a great start!!
  • maryf78
    Options
    Wow - I've been using MFP for a while but never thought to add friends but it looks like there is loads of really friendly people out there.

My goal is to loose 98 lbs and I've got a couple of milestone dates such as holidays and family weddings along the way - I'll send a FR because it would be fab to have some company along the way :-)
  • DedeeMarie
    DedeeMarie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible. Just keep the faith and remember anything is POSSIBLE. We just have to work hard to get there. Its not going to be easy, but it will be so worth it!
  • blancapwaterman
    Options
    45 lbs to lose here, feel free to add me :smile:
  • kezell83
    kezell83 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I also have a long way to go. About 100 lbs. Feel free to add me!
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My goal was 80 when I started in August and I am dowm 33 so far. I'll add thosae of you who said they would like to be added with the message "long way to go"