Adipex

Options
Hello,i know to loose weight is more of a healthier lifestyle change,however my Dr prescribed me Adipex and a fat blocker Chrmium to help get me started.Im wondering if anyone has tried these pills and how they helped.I dont really see a difference in my appitite using these but maybe i could be going about it wrong.Any suggestions or comments are very much appreciated and welcomed.
Thanks

Replies

• LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I know someone that used Adipex apperantly she looses more than 1 lb a day. She lost a lot of weight in just a week. It works but I wouldnt recommend it, its very unhealthy.
  • shannon717717
    Options
    I know someone that used Adipex apperantly she looses more than 1 lb a day. She lost a lot of weight in just a week. It works but I wouldnt recommend it, its very unhealthy.

I only plan to use it for a month,as i dont even notice a change in my appitite i dont plan on staying on it,but thanks for your advice.
  • mecole131
    Options
    Make sure that you are taking it at least 30 min. to 1 hour prior to eating. I drink 24 ounces of water when I take it. I have been on them since Jan 6 and only have to take a 1/2 a pill. Hope this helps...
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I thought they took it off the market?
  • irunwithscissors
    irunwithscissors Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I took it for a couple months a few years ago.....i lost maybe 20lbs, but that was with a lot of exercise and hardly eating because it ruins your appetite. Just make sure you force yourself to eat. It made me very jittery, my mouth always moved and I had mood swings. I felt like I was on drugs! I had to take it at 5am so that I would be able to get to sleep by 10pm. Usually I never went back to bed and just started to exercise. I think that after a month or so on it, you won't want to take it anymore.....but everybody reacts different.

I had a friend taking it at the same time, she has an addictive personality, and took it for a long time. She lost a lot of weight and only exercised a little.

So that just proves that it will work different for everyone. When I moved and got a new doctor, my new doc wouldn't prescribe them to me because they do things to your heart. I can't remember what though.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Fat blockers can cause um leakage. I don't think it's worth it personally. You might try doing it on your own first and see if MFP works for you. 1-2 pounds a week is healthy weight loss. It's also makes your weight much easier to maintain once you hit your goal.
  • freehold1979
    Options
    Im late in this discussion but thought i would share anyways. I have been on Adipex since March 31 and have lost 25 lbs as of this morning. I take the highest possible dose at 37.5 mg and havent had any side effects. The first night I took them I stayed awake until 3in the morning but i shouldnt have taken it at 4 in the afternoon. It does affect your appetite but I find if I carry a fiber one bar with me I am fine. And I love the amount of energy it gives me.. I work in a hospital and you never know when you might be asked to work extra hours. I just started working out last week and have only seen about a 4 lb weight loss since then so these arent a magic pill. You still have to put in the work. Hope this helps
  • shannon717717
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for your advice,i took the adipex and fat blocker for 1 month,however i was still eating unhealhty and not putting in effort to do excersice or watch portion sizes.I completly gave up on my goals and stopped entering myfittness pal entries.Now im back and im not taking the adipex or the fat blocker because i now realize that wih effort and comitment i can loose weight on my own and not pay all the extra money monthly for diet pills.Today is my first day back and im looking forward to getting healthy.thanks
  • BridgettePlemmons
    BridgettePlemmons Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day on the generic Adipex, so far I just feel a little wired. NOT jittery just like i need to be up moving around. It did supress my hunger but i know i still have to eat. Its NOT a miracle pill, losing weight takes work. You still have to make the effort to change your eating habits and lifestyle or the weight will come right back on.