FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I haven't cheated on my diet and have gone to the gym everday except Saturday for the past week and the scale has not budged at all! I know I usually have alot of calories left over and wonder if I'm not eating enough? I'm really getting frustrated! Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions? I know I've gone wrong somewhere. I decided this morning to measure myself (which I should have done to start with) and check it next week to see if that has changed, but in the meantime this really bothers me:sad:

Replies

• Shawneb66
    Shawneb66 Posts: 124
    Options
    It's hard to help since your diary is private. Give it some time, you just got started!

You will do great!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Heads up. Everyone is going to ask to see your diary when you ask questions like this. Some not so nicely. So, I would reccommend--one pal to another--making your diary viewable, providing more information about your food intake, or deleting this thread if you are sensitive. People can sometimes be a little snarky about this topic. I learned the hard way. :tongue:
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I felt the same and was about to throw in the towel. 2 days ago I was 193 and I was so frustrated because I had gained 2lbs. I have been eating the good as well as working out and I just couldnt figure out what the heck was going on. This morning I gave it one more try and the scale said 186! I couldnt believe my eyes because I have been eating like a pig! IDK if its water weight or what but Ill take it! :} Keep your chin up!!!
  • risaroo83
    risaroo83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    One thing that everyone tells me is make sure you eat all your calories for the day! (or points if you do weight watchers) make sure you are drinking enough water too! hang in there I know how frustrating it can be!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Suggestion = give it time. I went months sometimes with no budge of the scale lol. When will people learn this is not a fast process?
  • junip1977
    junip1977 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My first week I lost .8 pounds and it sucked. I was so depressed but after advice from someone else I weighed in the next day and had gone down another 1.5 pounds. It turned out the food I ate the night before was a little high in sodium so it threw me off. It is hard though when you don't see progress after working so hard. Hang in there, that scale will budge before you know it!!
  • leigh8679
    leigh8679 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SORRY! I didn't realize my diary was set to private! It's is public now and I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks guys!!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eat more...

eat things that DONT come out of plastic wrappers (apart from bags of apples and stuff like that!!)

i looked back about 5 days, and saw no fruit or veg, and very little food full stop... you need to eat to your calorie goal. starving yourself will not help in the long run, you're just damaging your metabolism and encouraging your body to burn muscle istead of fat.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hate to get too personal but, if you are lady who still gets that monthly visitor, you will have this problem. I have noticed that when it gets close to "that time" for me, the scale does NOT move until that week is over. Maybe try marking a calendar with this and see if your frozen scale coincides with your time of the month.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Simple, you're not eating enough (or logging every day) Personally, 1200 calories is never enough for me and would never have worked (specially for the amount of exercising I do). Go check out this post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Start taking measurements and don't just go by the scale, weigh out your food (if you don't already) and give it time, no one gained weight overnight, it's not going to disappear over night either
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more in general and also I would say more protein and more vegetables with less processed foods.
  • leigh8679
    Options
    I was thinking the amount of food was the problem but I didn't really think about the type. I've been trying to eat when hungry and haven't really been hungry. I never would have thought I need to eat more to lose weight!
  • wluck
    wluck Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I noticed you only logged 1 cup of the progresso soup. An entire can of progresso soup is about 2.5 cups so that's about 350 calories. Did you measure out only 1 cup of soup from the can? Or did you have the whole can of soup? Just something I noticed and I know it can be misleading because all the soup cans brag about only have xxx calories per serving but they fail to mention that the whole can is more than 2 servings
  • GoodVibes95
    Options
    You've probably built muscle since you have been at the gym so much. The scale can fool you, trust me. Go by how you feel and how your clothes fit.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm "stuck" too. All I can say is hang in there - that and "AAAUUUURRRGGGGGHHHHHH!
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    sometimes... you just need to have a cheat day or two... and it will start to go down again.
  • leigh8679
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! It feels so good to know that there are people here that can offer support and advice. I'm going to take this advice starting today and eat to my calorie level and add more protein and veg.