Am wondering if i am becoming obsessed

Options
I'm a 40 year old male and I've been doing rushfit for 4 months with other fitness activities and have gone from 14.5 stone to 12.5 stone. 15% bodyfat but i still think i have weight to lose. Am also worried about my heart rate which rests at 46..yes its low and i may be fit but not sure it should be that low??

Thing is i have been eating around 1200-1500 cals for the whole time i was on the diet and that does not include eating back my exercise calories(sometimes higher and sometimes lower than 12-1500...also had cheat days where i went out for meals with family, i also let it relax over christmas and new year and indulged a bit) and that does not include eating back my exercise calories..am now worried that my metabolism is so knackered that as soon as i start eating normally i am going to pile the weight back on. If i feel i have eaten too much i go for a run in the evening as well as my 1 hour rushfit workout

Am starting to wonder if i have a psychological disorder about putting weight back on and also about fitness and doing too much of it. anyone in a similar position?

Replies

• Texm1972
    Options
    By the way my bodyfat might even be a bit lower than 15 since apparently the machines dont work well if you are dehydrated.

I am 5ft 10
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You know what you're going to hear. You're not eating enough to fuel your body. Respect your health. Seems silly that it appears you are trying to get fit..but what you're doing is breaking your body down. I think the fact that you've posted this question shows you are taking the first vital step in that you realize you have a problem. now you can fix it. Do baby steps..start increasing your calories at the amount mfp suggests..and eat back your exercise calories on top of that.
  • BamBam125
    BamBam125 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor. A slow heart beat can be genetic (I drop under 60 easily if I'm resting. First and only time I gave blood--age 17--the nurse looked at me crazy when my heart rate was 58 and I was acting completely normal.) It is also common in well conditioned athletes, but only your doc can let you know for sure if you are ok or not.

Ditto for the fat percentage and diet.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I have a very slow resting heart rate as well (like 42ish usually) and it sets of the alarms when they check it on the machine at the doctors office, lol. My doctor said as long as that's the only symptom I'm having, it's fine and actually healthy. However, if you're fainting, dizzy, fatigued a lot or anything else unusual, I'd get it checked out.

As for the calorie thing, I'd recommend you up your calories as well. I know it can be a tough mindset. I think a lot of people (myself included) are inclined to think that overeating was bad, so undereating must be good. I constantly have to remind myself that it's about finding a healthy balance and fueling your body to stay healthy. Start upping your calories by 100-200 each week until you reach a healthy range, which would likely be your TDEE -15-20%. Then stay there for at least 6 weeks. You may notice scale fluctuations, but don't let that bother you. Measure yourself to track results too. If after 6 weeks, you've gained subtract 100-200 calories and try that for 6 weeks. It can be a slow process, but your journey will be sustainable and much healthier.
  • Texm1972
    Options
    Thanks for your advice..I am going to go to the docs and get the heart rate checked. I will up the calories slowly as i know i am not getting enough...just wonder if my body has gone into this starvation mode already and i will suddenly gain loads of lbs