how to stay away form CARBS!!!!!!!! HELP

Options
I have been running and exersing for a while now and have learned that even though I am eating the right amount of calories and a balanced diet im not loosing due to my carb intake..... what foods are good subs???????? and what snacks are recommened for higher protien during the day???

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Eating carbs isn't keeping you from losing. Eating too much or even too little will keep you from losing. It all comes down to calories in/calories out.
  • clarkehn
    clarkehn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on restricting your carb intake focus on increasing your healthy fats and protein. I try to stay around a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat ratio and it has helped me.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I have been running and exersing for a while now and have learned that even though I am eating the right amount of calories and a balanced diet im not loosing due to my carb intake..... what foods are good subs???????? and what snacks are recommened for higher protien during the day???

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Do you have a medical condition re: processing carbohydrates?

But if you want to add protein, you could use a protein powder or eat more eggs, meat/fish, nuts, beans, etc. I like Seapoint Farms dry roasted edamame for a high protein snack (14 g protein in 1/4 cup).
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Eating carbs isn't keeping you from losing. Eating too much or even too little will keep you from losing. It all comes down to calories in/calories out.

ditto that!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    carbs are not the enemy, BUT if you're looking for good high protein snacks - nuts, natural jerky (turkey is better), protein powders for shakes, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese - all good options
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I struggle with my carb addiction one day at a time
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    you on one side, EVERY VILLIAN IS LEMONS carbs on the other

wall199c.jpg
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    ... I love carbs! :love:

Everything in moderation!!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Move to an upper middle class suburb.
  • Annie_ga
    Options
    I'm no pro, but weaning carbs out of my diet was gradual. At first, I portioned high fiber crackers with my hummus - now I eat hummus (2T) with carrots, red peppers or celery. I used to eat my eggs with a 2 pieces of toast, then 1 now none. Instead I put cottage cheese in my eggs (and whites and jimmy dean turkey crumbles) and no bread. I used to eat crackers with tuna and a bean salad for lunch - now crackers are gone.

As for more ideas: I try to keep my snacks to 150 calories: I like apples and low cal cheese or low salt almonds or 2T of peanut butter; hummus and veggies, sometimes greek yogurt.

It was hard for me to go cold turkey on carbs - but I have given up the worst offenders. Hope this helps a little! We are all so different!
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I struggle with my carb addiction one day at a time

God bless you. I will keep praying for you and yours. :flowerforyou:
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Eat more dead animal and less grasses.
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm not a low-carb person, but I do try to choose my carbs wisely. Lots of veggies, fewer grains. I was never raised on bread and pasta so it's a no-brainer for me to not keep those things in the house. When you don't have stuff like that to turn to first, you'll have to think a little harder about what you can replace them with (in my case, usually more veggies, or beans/quinoa/corn that kind of thing).
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Eat more dead animal and less grasses.

any aminal?? :(

cute+cat+pictures+(29).jpg
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

You're likely not losing weight because you're not counting your calories right, not because you're eating too many carbs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not inherenty evil and unless you have a medical condition, carbs aren't preventing you from losing weight if you are at an appropriate deficit.

If you are at a deficit and not losing, then one of two things is most likely true:

1.) you think you're at a deficit but you're really not. It's very easy to underestimate and/or underlog food and overestimate/overlog exercise. This is true especially if you don't measure/weigh your food and if you estimate calorie burns with anything other than a HRM or you're logging misc daily activity as exercise so that you can eat more.

2.) Your deficit is too large. If your deficit is significantly below your BMR you body will go into metabolic stall and try to store rather than burn.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    why?
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 100 pounds eating mostly carbs. That's approximately 75% of my calories. That does not include highly processed or refined carbs, but rather the carbs nature provides in the forms of whole fruits, vegetables and whole grains and especially starches. It's very easy and satisfying to eat like this and I know I'll be able to stick with it for the rest of my life. I opted for a low fat approach and I couldn't be happier with my food choices. Getting off medications for allergies, acid-reflux, and fibroid tumors was just an added bonus. I am not suggesting anyone needs to eat the way I do. I just put it out there for consideration. If someone is struggling to give up carbs, maybe they don't have to.
  • Built_Strong
    Built_Strong Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd echo what everyone else is saying...why stay away from carbs? I HAVE to and let me tell you, there are days when all I want is to sit down to a nice plate of pasta!

Carbs aren't evil and unless you have a medical issue, they're likely not the cause of you not being able to lose weight. My diet is low carb and it's open so you can look at what I eat.

Now, having said that....if you want to do a low carb approach..the best thing to do is educate youself on how to balance your diet. Most people will just abandon carbs and not eat enough protein and/or fats and wonder why they're tired and not losing weight.