MFP Buddies for Those With 150lb+ to Lose

Options
Hello! I've got about 200lbs to lose and I'm looking for some support on MFP. I've lost 60lbs here and there before and gained it back. I've been over 220 since 5th or 6th grade.I don't have any kids. Anyway, it has taken me awhile to be ready to get going again, but I'm here now. I just realized that none of my friends have so much as a pound to lose and I need some people to commiserate with. I had a great week tracking-wise. I actually even signed up for four 5ks (two in February and two in March) that I just plan on walking, so that's great.

I'm a little bummed because I asked a few friends to join me for any of the 5ks and they shot me down saying they don't...ah hem...personally need it. My husband is dieting with me. He previously lost 100lbs with me, but he slowly gained about 50 back. I do all of the meal planning and everything so he just gets to follow along. So, I'd still like a bit of a team around me--people at all stages of the process.

I've got PCOS too, so...yay..more topics of conversation. Or we could chat about building a more active lifestyle, saboteurs, etc.
I'm finishing up my doctorate in literature, so anyone dealing with grad school/professional stresses might also like to join in.

=)

Replies

• shardonay91
    shardonay91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey nice to meet you, my names Folasade. I have about 166.6 pounds to lose havev lost 5 pounds so far which is probably the water weight from christmas and the unhealthy last few weeks at uni. Would love to be mfp buddies I need al the help I can get! I've sent you a friend request.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yall can add me
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    would you like support from someone who went from 250 pounds to 183 pounds and has been there. if so you can add me
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    add me please!!
  • squankmuffin
    squankmuffin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure exactly how much I have to lose, off the top of my head, but it's near enough!

Feel free to add me. I'll be around for quite some time. :D
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm sending a friend request. I have about 170 lbs to lose and can relate to a lot of what you said.
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi nice to meet you I am in the same boat I have to lose 185.5 pounds feel free to add me I will send you friend request it would be great to have a friend that i can relate to on my fitnesspal
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It was awesome to wake up to the posts and friend requests! Maybe we could have a chat going here as well---how did everyone's week go? Or, and even bigger question, are you afraid at all of losing the weight? I think initially that seems like a weird question--like--of course not...we just want to be a healthier size, right? But....every time I have lost 30-60lbs, friends may react oddly, it might be hard to accept body changes, etc. So, how are we of have we gotten over such things in the past?
  • jenn2162
    jenn2162 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You all can add me also. I have 151 to lose. I have been heavy for a while now, but was always thin growing up, until college and then started going up. I have lost and gained and so on. I am now at the heaviest I have been, without being pregnant. I have an 8 month old and my husband and I adopted a 10 year old, both boys. I am looking to lose the weight and change how I live. I also have PCOS and know your struggles!!
  • you can add me .

just take it one day at time. the weight will come off
  • jesslintch
    jesslintch Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Or, and even bigger question, are you afraid at all of losing the weight? I think initially that seems like a weird question--like--of course not...we just want to be a healthier size, right? But....every time I have lost 30-60lbs, friends may react oddly, it might be hard to accept body changes, etc. So, how are we of have we gotten over such things in the past?

Yes! I went from baby fat to chubby kid to overweight teenager to obese adult. I don't know a "normal-sized" me. My friends and family don't know a "normal-sized" me. My hubs fell in love with me the way I am. I know that it is a psychological block, but it's frightening to think of because it is an unknown. Realistically, it is a better, healthier, longer life unknown, but still. I think that is part of what has kept me in my fat cocoon for so long. What is known is comfortable. However, I've decided not to let that fear manage my life anymore. I just need to get used to uncomfortable if I want to live the life I want. That is starting to be more important than holding on to safety.
  • nataliescalories
    nataliescalories Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Jesslintch, I think that is a great attitude! I like the idea of getting used to uncomfortable--I think it's hard for anyone not losing a huge amount of weight to understand that we become as used to our big bodies as they do to their small bodies. I know I've sabotaged myself or only give 80% or 50% of the effort at times just out of fear of being foreign to myself. When I think about all the weight I have to lose it (the idea of being smaller, not the work of getting smaller) scares me as much as the idea of parachuting out of a plane or something. I too met my husband around my heaviest--I feel like he would be getting a new wife lol. I feel like it's 50% completely mechanical--burning more than you take in and then 50% letting yourself change. Here's to a risk-taking 2013!
  • smurfaggie07
    Options
    I've got a lot to lose... started off at 345 and 1st goal is 290, next goal is 200, and I think 180 is probably my final goal. Add me if you'd like!
  • karrie2213
    karrie2213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me - I also have a ways to go & welcome the support and motivation!
    ~Karrie
    4939794.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • dwpierce
    dwpierce Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add Me also. I am after about a 170 lb loss. Thanks
  • Sexyf28
    Sexyf28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have over 200 to lose. Hard to wrap your head around!!!
  • mindybbw
    mindybbw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to join all of you so that we can support each other. I have over 150lbs. to lose.
  • katieothompson
    katieothompson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have about 135 to lose - is that close enough?? I would love to find a group for support in the process!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Everyone feel free to add me,I don't have 100 pounds to lose, but have a way to go, I am always looking for supportive people as well as people I can support.
    Lets be losers together