Can't control my mouth...

Options
I am trying very hard to get myself interested in a healthy diet so I can shed some pounds, but I just can't seem to do it. Even if I am surrounded by nothing but healthy options, I still wait to go out for chinese. I don't know what is wrong with me.

Replies

• PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    GET CONTROL OF THAT MOUTH AND PUT SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD OF FOOD IN IT!!! Like gum.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Lack of discipline. It is tough, but you need to work at it
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I don't do well with deprivation...for me I do better when I know I can have a little 'treat' every day, and a splurge day once or twice a month. Since you mentioned chinese food, instead of cutting it out entirely why not try just having it one day a week? Then slowly, like in 6 months or so, cut it back to once or twice a month.
  • Charbonie1
    Options
    Who are you with while you're eating the chinese? Get them on board and ask for their help to not enable you. That's if you're serious about getting in shape.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    You might want to do some self evaluation to determine exactly what you want and when you want to do it...
  • tallvanurse
    tallvanurse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I adore Chinese food as well. One thing you can do is eliminate the rice and the fried noodles for the soup...and of course, not a buffet. I tell them I don't want either of those things and take it home. It's easier to fight cravings if they aren't there :-)