Weights and Clothes Size

Options
Can anyone tell me about weights and clothes size cos am so confused , am 18 stone but fits on size 18 Jeans as i buy all my jeans from New Look Inspire and 20 tops and i don't understand it or it is just because i'm Top heavy and am not curvy at all???? Even now am wearing a primark size 14 leggings and it fits perfectly. I know it strange but what are others weighs and their sizes?

Replies

• scarlettph
    Options
    You are probably top heavy, I on the other hand am bottom heavy. I can wear a size 10/12 on top but a 14 on the bottom! Currently 158lbs last time I checked x

EDIT: this is UK sizing for me.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body proportions, muslce tone and a whole ton of things.

Personally? I am 5'4. About 210 at the moment. I am a busy pear shape. I have narrow shoulders, but a large bust. I carry more weight in my lower abs, hips and thighs. I don't tend to look "hourglassy" since my shoulder and waist are quite similar in width.

Measurements:
    41(34Hish) -33-44

In US sizes here:
    pants: 16
    dresses: 14
    knit tops or t-shirts: L
    jersey/ponte knits: L to XL
    blouses blazers: 16 or more if there is no stretch (but they need adjustments, shoulders are wrong, waist is wrong....)

So there you have it. And there are people who weigh 20 pounds more than I do and 20 pounds less with the same measurements.

It sounds to me like you maybe an apple or inverted triangle shape with narrow hips and slim legs.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i am a size 12, weigh 12 stones, when i hit 11 stones i can get into size 10s.

Marks are always a size bigger. The teenage shops always need you to buy much bigger than u are.

just shop around
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Buy your clothes by how they fit. Ignore the size numbers.
  • olly74
    olly74 Posts: 11
    Options
    Ofcos Jadedone i have skinny legs with no hips at all but top i have big breast maybe that why i manage to fit on 18 while am 18st too , but this is UK sizes too.
  • olly74
    olly74 Posts: 11
    Options
    Lol that true cos most of the shops their sizes are so different .