Looking for support during deployment weight loss goals!

Options
Hey everyone,
Ive been on and off with MFP for a long time. I love it here and its given me a lot of success. However life gets in the way and all that hard work gets pushed aside to just live. Well im an army wife and about to send my biggest supporter away for the next 9 months. Ive decided to make this the year of me, im enrolling in school and doing online classes and pushing myself to buckle down and lose 30lbs to surprise him when he returns home to a new a healthy and happier wife. I need all the support I can get my family is 5/6 hrs away and im new in town here with no friends so im hoping ill find some great people to help me through this challenege :)

Replies

• wrightgirl230
    Options
    Just an idea that worked for me. For years my best friend lived in the Virgin Islands so obviously we could not work out together. Instead we would text everyday when our workout was done. It did wonders for my motivation!!! There was something about the satifaction of sending that text to her....we have a saying that if we don't tell eachother, then it didn't happen. We were truly eachother's cheerleaders during that time. Now she is home and we do about 50/50 together/text workouts! There isn't quite anything like that response that says "Yay you!"
  • hsquared87
    Options
    Congrats on making this the year of you! I need to do the same thing. I am in the Navy and I am a Navy spouce. We can help Motivate eachother!