ADVICE NEEDED PLZ

Options
I really didn't know where else to post this but I am very much a worry-wart and wanted ya'lls advise. I noticed yesterday that all of the sudden there was this pea sized bump under my arm (in the bend on the front side of my under arm). It was a little sore and I have skin issues so thought maybe it was just another issue. Well being the paranoid person that I am I went to webmd.com this morning and started reading about it and it showed that breast cancer could be one of the things it could be. Other things it could be show something about a hair follicle, other skin issues, or even stress. Has any one else ever had something like this? Someone on another site I was reading said they got this around the TOM but I have just finished as of today......I am just worried and looking for some advice.

Replies

• Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    Go see your Doctor.

Seeking medical advice here is only going to get you 100 different opinions and personal references. None of them are worth spit without an examination from a Medical Professional.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    go to the doctor........please.......i'm sure it's ok.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    They're right..

BUT it might just be a zit or ingrown hair (I get weird things like that under my arms occasionally). Especially if you've been sweating a lot when working out. Your pores are probably just getting clogged up. Hope it's nothing serious! :)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Go see your Doctor.

Seeking medical advice here is only going to get you 100 different opinions and personal references. None of them are worth spit without an examination from a Medical Professional.
    Agreed. See your doctor because it's better to be safe than sorry.
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Don't use WebMD lol they tell me I have some sort of cancer everytime I go. I'm sure it's not anything serious, but you should visit your Doctor just in case. Better safe than sorry, like lilchino said.
  • rufatbob
    rufatbob Posts: 15
    Options
    Be safe and for your own piece of mind see a doctor
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Most likely it's nothing to worry about, but the only way to be sure is to see a doctor. And if you can't afford it there are great free clinics everywhere - you may just have to wait, but peace of mind is worth it.
  • LosingLori
    Options
    I had something similar last year. I did go to my doctor....and it WAS an infected hair follicle. They did give me an ointment. The doctor told me that it probably would have gone away on it's own. Had a similar experience not too long ago so I waited a couple of days and it went away on it's own. And...as gross as this sounds (and I AM a sweater) they also advised to go without deoderant and no shaving! Makes sense...it irritates the hair follicle.

So....not that I am saying that you should not be concerned....but you might want to give it a couple of days and if you don't notice a decrease in size or total disappearance, I would definitely call the doctor at that point!

Good luck!