Low calories cocktail suggestion???

Options
I am going to happy hours today and need help determining what to order for drinks. I was researching the skinny girl margarita. Has anyone tried it before? MFP says that there is 100 calories per serving; other websites have it at 245. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    wine is pretty low calorie. or diet coke and rum/jack/or????, i think? not much of a drinker.
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I used to be a bartender. What kinds of alcohol would you prefer?
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like cape cods (cranberry juice, vodka, lime) Cosmo's are also a pretty reasonable choice.
  • msonia11
    msonia11 Posts: 38
    Options
    I usually like vodka, but I am open for suggestions.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    cranberry vodka 75 for 4 oz.
    mojito 150
    SHOTS!!! :wink:
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Green Apple Martini is 150 calories and delicious. Rum and diet coke is my other choice. Or a light beer. They have around 100 calories, not too bad. Or a wine spritzer is under 200 as well. Just don't get a regular frozen drink or a long island iced tea. They can pack over 700 calories!!!
  • nicolel18
    nicolel18 Posts: 17
    Options
    I am a bartender and I use to drink vodka with club soda and a piece of lime because vodka only has about 60 calories per shot but the problem with that is that I realized that bartenders put more than one shot in your drinks so you're actually drinking 120 calories if you have a vodka club soda. WIne usually has about 100-150 per glass so if you drink it slow that might be a good option. I have switched to Amstel light because its 95 calories per bottle and I just try not to drink them too fast. You can drink bacardi and diet and I think that is only about 60 calories. Then there is Mich Ultra that has about 90 calories I think and they new Bud 55. A cosmopolitan has about 150 calories.
  • msonia11
    Options
    Apple martini sounds good.
  • msonia11
    Options
    Has anyone tried the skinny girl margarita?
  • Al77
    Al77 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm a big fan of bacardi and diet. Plus its no carbs and no sugar. I'm not one of those people that is anti aspartame though haha.
    Budweiser select isn't bad if you like beer. 55 calories per 12 oz. I really like it.
  • gabs1981
    gabs1981 Posts: 2
    Options
    170kcal for 2 x pimms & lemonade mmmm
  • Taylor87
    Taylor87 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have had it!! I actually like the taste of it better than regular margaritas! But I am unsure of the calorie content....
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I second the Rum & Diet Coke suggestion. (make sure it is a clear rum, not dark)
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

There are a couple different skinny girl ones I've seen. Some places make a standard margarita, but use splenda in the sour mix instead of sugar.

My skinny girl margarita is this: Shot of tequila on the rocks, splash triple sec/grand marnier, couple lime wedges. YUM! I love these. Even if I wasn't trying to be healthy, I'd drink em. :)
  • surlydave
    Options
    I defer to Nicole's post, and agree if you are going to put these drinks in your diary (like you should lol) that the serving size in a single drink is more than a shot.
  • nicolel18
    nicolel18 Posts: 17
    Options

I have never tried the skinny girl margarita nor do I know what is in it but I have made a low calorie margarita of my own and its delish! I use lime flavored crystal light (the typical flavor of a margarita) instead of sour mix and lime or instead of the ready made margarita mix. Crystal light only has 5 calories per cup so everything is just calories from the alcohol.

Here is the break down of my recipe:

1 1/2 oz Don Julio tequila
    1 1/2 oz Triple sec
    1 cup lime Crystal light (or according to your taste)

Nutritional Facts:
    1 1/2 oz of tequila = 97 calories
    1 1/2 oz triple sec = 73 calories
    1 cup of crystal light = 5 calories
    Total per drink = 175 calories
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options

I have never tried the skinny girl margarita nor do I know what is in it but I have made a low calorie margarita of my own and its delish! I use lime flavored crystal light (the typical flavor of a margarita) instead of sour mix and lime or instead of the ready made margarita mix. Crystal light only has 5 calories per cup so everything is just calories from the alcohol.

Here is the break down of my recipe:

1 1/2 oz Don Julio tequila
    1 1/2 oz Triple sec
    1 cup lime Crystal light (or according to your taste)

Nutritional Facts:
    1 1/2 oz of tequila = 97 calories
    1 1/2 oz triple sec = 73 calories
    1 cup of crystal light = 5 calories
    Total per drink = 175 calories

That's a good one for a party! Or a nice pitcher for girls' night! :) Thanks for sharing
  • surlydave
    Options
    170kcal for 2 x pimms & lemonade mmmm

You have to be from the UK? Not many people are familiar with Pimms, but I agree it's great and refreshing!
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has recipes for low calorie cocktails (less than 100 calories). New book called Happy Hour has lots of appies and drink recipes. Also I just found these on the Womens Health Mag website

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/pdfs/lbn-cocktails.pdf
  • it's 100 calories per 4 oz serving! they are actually pretty good! i think i would have liked it better if i would have chilled it in a shaker and then poured over ice. put some salt on the rim and add a couple limes and you're good to go. they are actually more refreshing than a typical margarita. a lot lighter!