"Fat pants" keep or ditch?

Options
2»

Replies

• ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Keep 1 pair! Definitely ditch the rest :)
  • 4_Lisa
    4_Lisa Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on here a year or two ago that they did a ceremonial burning of their fat pants when they got to goal. I think that's an awesome idea and plan to do the same! I'll take that cliche pic then invite some friends over for drinks around the firepit and burn those babies!

I LOVE this idea... make it a celebration after the goal is reached... take the pic then say goodbye!
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've kept a couple of pairs that aren't too, too big kicking around for grunge days/painting days/having to put up a shed in the backyard days/when I was in school and was doing field lab work days.
  • DinahCakes
    DinahCakes Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I dumped big clothes as I went along. Once I was steadily wearing the next size down for a couple weeks, out the old size went. The downside, I hv no back-sliding clothes. The upside, NO BACK-SLIDING. I took two months off from going to the gym, started eating what I want in mass quantities, and now my clothes are uncomfortable. It was the wake-up call I needed to get back in the game. If I had nice clothes to wear to work in the bigger size, I wldve let it get beyond the 5-8 lbs I had let it go to. So for me that's such an incentive to not yoyo, I hv to dump clothes as I go. Although, I saved one thing that is from bigger days--way bigger. It helps me also to look at the reality of where I was. Men's missions always need decent work clothes for men who are turning their life around. As my husband was losing weight we gave away some of his church clothes, and they really were put to good use by our local St. Vincent de Paul for people who were getting new jobs. Win-win!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i actually am saving one of my largest size. when i hit goal, i'm going to frame them as a reminder of what i CAN do, what i HAVE done and how much i HATED being there. i hope that they remind me every day how hard i'm working now and as a motivator to remind myself i can do anything i set my mind and my sweat towards doing.
  • MrsParkevski
    Options
    Love the burning idea! I may just have to do that when I hit goal. LOL I would keep a pair & donate the rest. Just keep it as a reminder of how far you've come & how you never want to go back there.
  • jenfoxjercha
    jenfoxjercha Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have kept one pair so I can remember where I was and where I never want to go again. I do like the bonfire idea for later. I will have to think more on that one for a while. I think I sitll have a while before I reach my ultimate goal.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have one pair of 44 inch waist pants. I'm currently wearing 34 and the few pairs of 36 inch pants that I haven't set aside are now too big to reasonably wear with a belt so I should probably be wearing 32 inch waists.

That one pair of 44 inch waist pants are for that picture you have to take at the end of your weight-loss.

The 44s, 42s,40s, and 38s were all donated. All my 3XL, 2XL and XL shirts along with all of my 3XL, 2XL and about half of my XL Tshirts were donated too. I've kept some XL tshirts to have as a layer over running gear but they are getting too big now too.

Really, we should all have such problems.

But donate them, just keep on of the biggest of the big for that picture everyone is supposed to take.

and hey, if you donate enough clothes you have a nice writeoff.

Some of the fancier stuff could be tailored, it will probably look better than they ever did...
    I have 2 suits I need to figure out what to do with. The bigger one will probably get donated somewhere and I need to get the smaller one tailored. Since I only wear suits to weddings, funerals and job interviews and I'm happy with my job, getting a suit tailored just seems like tempting fate so I haven't had it tailored. The next wedding is in September so by July I'll have to find a decent tailor.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as everyone else. I threw away or donated most of my clothing (that way if my new clothes started to get snug I wouldn't have an excuse!) But I save one pair of pants I wore all the time. Whenever I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything or sometimes I look in the mirror and see the same person...I pop those pants on and it makes me realize how far I have come.

They are a size 11/12 and I am now a 3/4
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I'm going to contact a consignment shop for my suits, and really nice summer clothes, maybe make a dollar or two and the rest I want to give to charity! I have enough pictures of me to remind me of where I've been to remind me that I don't want to go back there so no need to keep the clothes!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Pitch 'em..you don't plan on returning back to that point ever again
  • wendygutie
    wendygutie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I used to keep my fat pants, but since then have ditched them. I now only keep one size up. I know if those are fitting too tight I need to start working my way back down. I don't ever want to be a size 24/26 again....currently a 14/16.

Sold most of my clothes in garage sales .... well my mom did for me :) she's awesome!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I kept one. I like to get them out every once in a while to keep me motivated. Every other piece of clothing that was too big I have given away. I do not want any "just in case" clothes. I'm NOT going back!!
  • bspikes86
    bspikes86 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Someone posted on here a year or two ago that they did a ceremonial burning of their fat pants when they got to goal. I think that's an awesome idea and plan to do the same! I'll take that cliche pic then invite some friends over for drinks around the firepit and burn those babies!

OOOH i like that!! thanks for the idea!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Depending on how fat the pants are... If they're much larger than you, toss them away! If it's just a size or two bigger I'd keep them. I had only lost one pants size, and I am still young and still haven't been pregnant. I know it's very reasonable I would wear them again. But if I had been bigger and lost a great amount, I'd throw them away and never look back!
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have kept my biggest pair of jeans, top and workout bottoms and have given away the rest to local charities. I actually love putting on my old pair of jeans from time to time to remind me how far I've come, definitely a good pick me up if you're not having a great day!
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You should burn one pair just to celebrate your success !
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Keep one pair as a reminder of how far you have come - but make sure they are no longer "wearable" so that you are not even tempted to go back to that size ever again! (Like, make a hole in them somewhere!) Great job!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    have a bonfire in the backyard! burn them!!!!!! lol! i have a size 2 dress that i wore YEARS ago i'm holding on to it as motivation. nothing wrong with holding on to your "fat outfit" if i can hold on to my skinny dress.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have kept my biggest pair of jeans, top and workout bottoms and have given away the rest to local charities. I actually love putting on my old pair of jeans from time to time to remind me how far I've come, definitely a good pick me up if you're not having a great day!

The original post was prompted by a "fashion parade" on Sunday. My other half insisted on me trying on the entire wardrobe. Very critically we decided on
    Keep to wear now
    Far too big - get rid
    Keep for a few more weeks - slightly tight.

We then, for fun started me in his clothes, and I inherited a load of casual stuff that he has slimmed out of.

Ok i get a new (to me) wardrobe, he gets to purchase new stuff .....Bit I have a say in the choice cos one day soon they will become
    All big stuff now with hospice shop, except one fat jeans (42) ad one fat tea shirt (3xl UK fit)

Bonfire planned when I hit the 80 lb loss - the point when BMI reaches "normsl"