Hello Everyone

Options
Hello everyone I started again on my healthy eating plan I try not to use the term diet because then I feel you are restricting yourself and then you just feel depressed.

I have done calories counting before and at best lost 6 stones and my biggest weight was 31 stones however do to both lifestyle and dealing with severe depression my weight is back at 29 stones thankfully I'm 6ft 3 and hold my weight well although it does make the smallest of things a chore at the best of times.

I don't mind letting others know that I weigh this much because it will hopefully inspire others to know they are not alone in there journey and others are struggling everyday also.

I have been offered weight loss surgery The full monty however I would like to lose the weight and be more in control of my diet and lifestyle.

I do suffer from manic-severe depression however I can not continue to allow this to be an excuse for over eating and eating rubbish so yesterday I started on this site and shall try my hardest every day to eat correctly and log my food on good and bad days easier said then done.

I would love some more friends going through the same for mutual support so if you fancy chatting to a gay overweight guy just add me.

Many thanks

Nigel UK

Replies

• teacup8285
    Options
    Don't let the bad days hold you back, post them anyway, it will help in the end. We are behind you!
  • 4everandaday
    4everandaday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Nigel,

I'm just starting today as well, and would to support each other. Like you, I don't want to think of this as a diet, but a series of good choices that become a habit and lead to better eating and better moods--one reason I want to eat better is that I find the connection with mood to be a big one. So anyhow, I'm American and we don't tend to know how figure out stone versus pounds, so your weight nearly secret with me;-). My goal is 30 pounds. --Sonja
  • How is everyone getting on then ? :-)
  • Easnic44
    Easnic44 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    welcome feel free to add me