Stop feeling hungry tips

Options
Hi Everyone

First post looking for friends and tips to enable my guts to stop crying out for food,hope to get down to 90kg so looks like I will be on this site for a long time as weighing in at 107.7kg
Love to hear about peoples experience's with foods and ideas for the elusive great weightless recipes.
Hopefully I can lose a bit of belly and make friends along the way
I would welcome any yummy snack tips

Replies

• Sketchsays
    Sketchsays Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I always preempt my hunger by controlled snacking all day. I have at least one, sometimes two snacks, between major meals. That way I'm not starving when it's time to eat and I can control portions better.

I usually bring a 1/4 cup of nuts (right now I'm on a Emerald Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Sweet & Salty Mixed Nut Blend kick), a granola bar, a piece of fruit, on top of my lunch to work with me. It sounds like a lot of food but most of times I have to make myself eat.

I'm not sure how great it is for me but I also chew sugar free gum when I'm not doing too much. That way if I find I want to eat out of boredom I have one more step (spitting out the gum) in the way. Not a major obstacle but it helps.
  • DawnM411
    DawnM411 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've also started chewing gum to help with the mindless eating. Sugar free of course. Also drinking more water helps with the hunger pains, and if that doesn't do the trick, I drink ice tea or strong black coffee.
  • cat_mb
    cat_mb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Nev, Whenever I have a craving, it usually because I am bored and not truly hungry (and it usually happens at work). I brush my teeth or take a stroll down the hall and the urge goes away. As for weightless recipes, I go for veggie Indian curries without coconut milk or Mexican dishes - I find spicy and flavorful foods more gratifying.