Ok...I'm now officially impressed with the site- Ques What d

Options
I originally started doing MFP because my wife was doing it and I needed some more fodder for my blog but now I'm impressed.
It's only been 2 weeks and i'm down 7 lbs.

I love:

RED and GREEN indicators to let me know where I am for the day
A pre-populated database that has most of the foods I already eat
Great user interface
A community of helpful motivators.
That I'm going to have to go shopping for some new clothes in a couple of weeks!!

I would love to know what you love about the site. I haven't tried all the features but am trying to learn them all.

Thank you everyone-
Jon

Replies

• firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I heart my ticker... I like that mike has given us the ability to see our progress and the progress of those around us.
  • kathy140
    kathy140 Posts: 75
    Options
    I love the food database it has every food that I ever searched for. I also love the support from everyone here. It is a great place to get motivation and good ideas. I also like the challenges that other MFP offer to keep everyone motivated. Mike did an awesome job with this site. Thanks Mike.
    Kathy
  • AgeTaylor
    AgeTaylor Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been on this one and FitDay for a couple of years (not actively that long, just in spurts). What made me choose to use this one this time around was the food database. I mean, really, like you said, just about everythign is already in there. SO easy. And secondly the fanastic integration with the community members via the facebook style homepages and the message boards. Oh, yes, and the tickers too to show off your progress and be motivated by otherse. I've never been that convinced that a website could really help you loose weight, but MFP makes use of all of the online tools that really promote success in living a healthier lifestyle!
  • andy_drouin
    andy_drouin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    this is only my 5th day and I'm really loving the site!!! I think it will help keep me motivated.
  • roxset
    roxset Posts: 1
    Options
    I LOVE this site, I am finding it so easy to track with this and love how it shows where you are at for the day. It's only been a week for me but I'm looking forward to the support to get the 50+ pounds off that I need to take off. I want to thank my great daughter in law for sending me the link. The messages everyone posts is very helpful. Keep up the good work everyone and have a great week.
  • fietsdebbie
    Options
    I really like this site because it keeps me honest. Keeping track of my calories / exercise has really helped me keep focused. I may not be on the fast track of weight loss but the slow and steady is what I'm desiring and that is what is happening. I like the very full database of foods but what I'd like to see is more detail in the types of exercises and calories burned area. That area is pretty general. Getting a personal Heart Rate Monitor would bring more detail but I'm not into it. The message boards have also been very inspirational and motivational. Just a great web site!
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I honestly love so much about this site.....I credit this site with losing my weight. Where do I start....I love the fact that when you don't log in, it reminds you to do so....I had signed up for the message board but never logged in and got the lil reminder, so that gave me the extra push I needed to really USE it. Then I started to read everyone elses successes and got hope that I too could be "one of those people". Then the friends came along....oh the friends are my besties....whenever I wanted to slack they would motivate me....directly and indirectly. I would see their news feeds and see how good they were eating, and how they were serious about exercising and their mission and I wanted to share in with the news. I started to take seriously about what went in my mouth, so tracking food made me accountable for my actions and showed me I DO HAVE A CHOICE AND CONTROL....I log in everyday because I have made this site apart of my life, like brushing my teeth. Last but not least, its good to see people that started off with no motivation, but a little bit of faith and determination reach their goals and become a totally different creature. Can you tell Iove this site.....LOL Now all they need to do for me to be off my rocker is add a BLACKBERRY APP! :bigsmile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I started to take seriously about what went in my mouth, so tracking food made me accountable for my actions and showed me I DO HAVE A CHOICE AND CONTROL....

I log in everyday because I have made this site apart of my life, like brushing my teeth.
    Genius, well put, me too.
  • jojoworks
    jojoworks Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Welcome, good luck and congrats!

This is a great site, it's very practical and well intentioned. Other sites I visit on occasion (I use Spark's recipe calculator) are ok, but they are really full of weird ads and marketing. I love the progress tickers also. The food diary is awesome and it really helps me plan my days. Keeping track of what you eat is so cool, you can't help but alter your choices when you're paying attention.

I'm very psyched to make these healthy changes in my life permanent. I have to set my mind to accept that even after I lose, I need to continue to monitor my food choices.

have fun, don't feel like you're being punished, enjoy your food!
    JoJo
  • mpomer
    mpomer Posts: 9
    Options
    I love this site too, it is really helping me see where I go wrong and get the support I so badly need to continue on this journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!