Alli?

Options
I am considering taking the Alli pill, has anyone tried using this and what were the results?

thanks

Replies

• Samantha44145
    Samantha44145 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Alli works by blocking the absorption of fat. Keep in mind that if you're not going to break the fat down during digestion, it has to go somewhere else as fat. It eliminates as oily nastiness.

My experience with Alli was not a pleasant one. I had uncontrollable runs. I am super active and not being able to control going to the bathroom was miserable and embarrassing.

You can effectively block fat absorption naturally by overloading your diet on fiber - it's cheaper and the side effects are not nearly as bad.
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    The warnings about "oily anal discharge" is enough to turn me off it for good.

GL to you if you use this.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    All Alli does for you is "forces" you to eat a low fat diet. You WILL eat low fat for fear of accidents ..... pretty expensive lesson.

Alli does not teach you anything. Fat is not the enemy .... there are healthy fats too.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Oh anal leakage and drippy greasy orange fat dripping out your butt. Sounds FUN!!
  • hardymommy123
    hardymommy123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Its so gross. And expensive. And doesn't teach you anything about eating/living healthier. You can do it without that. Just eat right and exercise. And be patient.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have plenty of dark colored underpants and pants...you'll need them. Good luck!
  • Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I did Alli a few years ago and it does work-both for good and bad. I lost a weight, about 12 pounds in 21 days. However, please believe them when they say do not exceed 17 grams of fat because if you do-ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE THROUGH YOUR A##!!! it does not matter how fast you run to the bathroom, it will come quick!!!
  • LSHANDREW
    Options
    I used it for 1 month. Yes it's expensive and the side effects of eating wrong are aweful. I did think it helped me get started with my weight loss. I would only use Alli if you have a job that lets you use the rest room when ever you need to.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Read some of the reviews on Amazon. After reading those reviews, I think anyone would be deterred.
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I heard that stuff will make you **** in your pants..
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I hear the lubrication helps your squat form
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options

theres a bright side to everything
  • MommaRou56
    MommaRou56 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Even the instructions that come with the product tell you to wear brown pants. What does that tell you? Lose the weight on your own by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet and adding exercise as you can stand it. None of us needs the extra expense and headache of these weight loss products. All they do is take your money and don't teach you anything.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options

theres a bright side to everything

And it happens to be bright orange?
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Alli works by blocking the absorption of fat. Keep in mind that if you're not going to break the fat down during digestion, it has to go somewhere else as fat. It eliminates as oily nastiness.

My experience with Alli was not a pleasant one. I had uncontrollable runs. I am super active and not being able to control going to the bathroom was miserable and embarrassing.

You can effectively block fat absorption naturally by overloading your diet on fiber - it's cheaper and the side effects are not nearly as bad.

This. The first 40 lb I lost... I didn't count cals, I just exercised and ate a ton of fiber. I still eat a ton of fiber.
    *not that I've ever tried Alli... Sounds scary. I like my undies clean, ya know?
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it works... I'd rather take my time and learn a healthy lifestyle than *kitten* my pants to be honest.
  • PottsvilleCurse1925
    PottsvilleCurse1925 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Challenge:
    1) Take Alli.
    2) Eat fried chicken or a dozen chicken wings with hot sauce.
    3) Do P90X Ab Ripper X.
    4) Clean up after yourself.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Two words: anal leakage
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I used it. If you read the pamphlet it will tell you that you should eat a low fat diet for X amount of days before you start taking the pill. I followed it strictly and didn't have any accidents. I lost a pretty significant amount of weight BUT I wasn't really eating much different than I am now, I was just scared into eating right. It doesn't teach you anything of value but it does work but you ABSOLUTELY MUST take all the warnings seriously. You will NOT be constipated while on it and it sorta looks like pizza grease floating in the toilet. It will also leave an orange ring around the bowl if you don't clean it often. Yeah, I know, yuck. LOL
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    177236_o.gif