Just made my first green smoothie v. ask me anything

Options
Threw a handful of spinach and kale in the blender with some water, added some unsweetened almond coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla vegan protein powder. THEN I GOT CRAZY and added in a banana, some cherries, and a tiny bit of almond butter.

Vitamix? Ninja? Juicer? NAH DUDE it's just me and my Oster blender.
(In Hulk Hogan voice) I'm on a real green smoothie high right now, brother.

Seriously though, try a green smoothie. They're much easier to make than most people think.
Tons of recipes online you can tweak exactly to your liking. It's so delicious, you can't even taste the greens.

Replies

• Flawless_K
    Flawless_K Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just read a recipe that calls for:

Kale
    mixed berries
    water
    banana

I haven't tried it yet. I'm not gonna lie, I am SCARED!!! Kale with fruit!?!!?
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just read a recipe that calls for:

Kale
    mixed berries
    water
    banana

I haven't tried it yet. I'm not gonna lie, I am SCARED!!! Kale with fruit!?!!?

If it's your first time ever having a green smoothie, I would recommend starting out with spinach rather than kale as it's sort of an acquired taste. Build up to it! But honestly, I can hardly taste the greens over the sweetness of the fruit. I think using a good protein powder can also aid in covering any "earthy" tastes.

I was scared to try it at first too, but I actually really like it!

This article really helped me a lot (and this website has awesome smoothie recipes)
    http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-6115/Green-Smoothies-101.html
  • me23823
    me23823 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I love making smoothies!! I make one every morning with different fruits and a TON of spinach. So good can't taste the spinach at all!!