Started 30 day shred 9 days ago and following ww

Options
jfus14
jfus14 Posts: 30 Member
I am down 4.8lbs in the past week!!!!

I was on here using MFP but I am a lifetime ww and needed a little more guidance.

30 day shred is amazing!!! I have never been one for a video but I love it. I am not bored and still feel challenged and my body is changing so fast. Totally worth the $9 and 25 minutes it takes to do it!

Replies

• WhaddoWino
    WhaddoWino Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just did Day Six. I haven't done this type of "painful" shape-up since I did a 4-week bootcamp about 10 years ago. The length of the workout is very manageable... any longer and I might not be motivated to start it. I'm already gaining endurance and I am very curious to see how this program tones these 42-year-old bones over the next three weeks.

Good luck to you!
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    today is day one for me on the 30 day shred. thinking maybe I should bike for 15-20 for a warm-up. not sure what to do . Im 43 and out of shape. I have a feeling his ones going to hurt
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    It hurts for the first few days but really is worth it :')
    I completed that before Christmas and am doing ripped in 30 now

didn't loose many pounds but did loose quite a few inches :) the pain is definitely worth it :)
  • plipsurt
    plipsurt Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    today is day one for me on the 30 day shred. thinking maybe I should bike for 15-20 for a warm-up. not sure what to do . Im 43 and out of shape. I have a feeling his ones going to hurt

It will but keep at it and you will adjust in 3 - 4 days.
    I did it in September and I'm 48. My previous exercise stretched to walking to the kitchen for another drink. I'm now hooked and can't rest until I've 'done something'
    Good luck!
  • IvyWhispers
    IvyWhispers Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm now hooked and can't rest until I've 'done something'

I feel like that :') I have to do something every morning just to start the day properly
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm mixing 30DS in with P90X ... I do 30DS - levels 1/2 in place of the stretch and yoga videos
  • Jazzmin81
    Jazzmin81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same here! I´m following the WW guidelines and just finished my 2nd day of the Shred. Your post motivates me a lot! Good luck on your journey!
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yay good job!!!!
    I started doing the 30 day shred on Jan. 1st and wanted to do if for 30 days straight...10 days of each level. I was sick and missed one day but I stuck with it and right now I have been on level 2 for 3 days now (Day 13) and it's tough but so worth it. I've only lost 3 pounds but my body is changing alot.

Keep it up!
  • lizzardsm
    lizzardsm Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    wow! that's amazing! congrats!!

i have 30-day shred and want to start it today. last time i started this i got really confused. do you do this workout 7days/week? do you do level 1 for 10 days then move on to level 2?
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I completed Day 5 this morning and am looking forward to Day 6 tomorrow! I have two small girls that I have to get up and ready for school every day, then all the after school "stuff" we have to do as Moms...I needed something quick and effective that I could get done before they wake up in the AM. I'm up at 6am to do it and I feel incredible the rest of the day!!!!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Some people do it consecutively each level for 10 days and move on. Some rest every other day. Some rest once per week. I did it 2-3 times per week in the mix of my other exercising and still saw very good results.
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and am so sore I don't think i'll be able to do it again tonight. :frown:
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and am so sore I don't think i'll be able to do it again tonight. :frown:

Try to push through it tonight! Seriously, it gets better after the 2 and 3rd day, and you'll be thankful you stuck to the routine!! It's actually nice for your muscles to stretch out and move when they're so tight.

Try - modify the heck out of anything you need to but at least push play! :)
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    now that I have the inspiration.... here we go...Im still going to do about 15 on my stationary bike to warm up.
  • jfus14
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

andante92: My intention was to do this 10 days straight on each level. On day 4 I had a headache so I skipped and on day 8 I was out all day and exhausted so I skipped. I try to do 10 days on each level though before I move on.

LongMom: I recently cancelled my gym membership because it was difficult to get my work out time while working full time and taking care of my daughter. I needed something that I had available to me 24/7. I won't lie many nights I'm doing this at 9:30 at night but boy do I sleep well on those nights!!!

choosingsara: DO IT TONIGHT!!! IT's 25 minutes but do it as best as you can! The hurt becomes less. It's sooooo worth it.
  • jnnfrrenee
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Today will be my 9th day as well!
    I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained so I guess that's good lol. I've lost 1/2 inch in each arm & almost an inch in my waist. I know I've made progress, but it's still discouraging not seeing the scale move. I'm pretty big so I usually start seeing the scale drop fairly quickly when working out. Could this be muscle gain? Should I try adding more along with 30DS?
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    deannajf4 and jfus14, thanks for the motivation!! I will do it tonight! It won't be pretty as I'm at work and just bursted out laughing in the bathroom struggling to get off the toilet....damn lunges! or squats! Whatver caused this pain! Seriously, thanks for the push!
  • jfus14
    Options
    I hate those squat presses thank goodness they are first up in the circuit!!!!!

I think diet totally plays a huge roll in this too.I love love love mfp because it was free and the community that is here but I needed some more rules to keep me in check. I totally credit half the loss to the workout and half to the diet!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have had great results with 30DS, is that the only exercise you're doing? I ask because 20 minutes doesn't seems like enough exercise to make a difference.
  • Weasel9999
    Weasel9999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!! What's the Shred???
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!