30 day shred..anyone ever try it?

Options
2»

Replies

• jaztoderan
    jaztoderan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've never got through Level 1 before but I didn't really plan on doing it consistently. I wanted to do it this month all the way through but I couldn't find my copy so I'm doing Ripped in 30 instead. I loove her workouts, hopefully I see some results (I'm on day 7 today, so far just feeling stronger but too early to tell if my body is changing visibly).
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of 30 Day Shred. I did it in September- 10 days straight at each level and lost 10 pounds and 12 inches. I was also trying to eat healhy and I did some running. It's tough, but after a few days of it it becomes easier...until you move up a level, lol. I was so impressed by the results, that I'm doing it again this month. I'm hoping to have similar results again! In Feb. I'm going to do Ripped in 30, which seems even more intense.

I love how fast the videos go. The way it's set up with the 2min-2min-1min...time just flies!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I've noticed lots of people on here are 30 day shredders....you should have no trouble getting support....if not the shred...just get focused and you can do it. :)
  • JenniferOrr1982
    Options
    You can do it Melinda!! :) I bet it can help with stress relief from the day and be a bit fun at that!
  • katie190177
    katie190177 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a Jillian Michaels fanatic! 30 day shred really does work, there are all kinds of result posts out there. I lost significant inches with it. Just don't get too discouraged if the scale number doesn't dramatically decrease. I hardly lost any lbs in the first 2 weeks but I felt stronger, looked leaner and noticed significant differences on my problem areas. Stick with the measuring tape to track your progress. Feel free to add me!
  • melindainokc
    Options
    I am ready to start it back up...I will keep a post of my progress..keep it up everyone!
  • melindainokc
    Options
    Wow! Way to go! I was proud of making it the first week..lol
  • maegan0205
    Options
    I will be doing Day 3, Level 1 tonight. The first 2 days kicked my butt, but I felt awesome for making it through. So far, I am a fan!
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well, for all of you skeptics out there (like I was), I have been angry because, on day 6 of Level 2 (which I just completed yesterday), I hadn't had *ANY* weight loss. I thought ... geez ... why am I doing this again???? Then I took out the tape measure ... and I've lost already 2 inches in my arms and 4 1/2 inches in my waist. So yeah ... while Jillian Michaels' workouts are from the Devil ... they *DO* get results. I've also noticed that pesky back fat that irritates the snot outta me going *WAY* down. Keep it up, all you faithful MFP people out there that are abusing their bodies like I am with 30 Day Shred! it *DOES* work!
  • lyrical_melody
    lyrical_melody Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Well, for all of you skeptics out there (like I was), I have been angry because, on day 6 of Level 2 (which I just completed yesterday), I hadn't had *ANY* weight loss. I thought ... geez ... why am I doing this again???? Then I took out the tape measure ... and I've lost already 2 inches in my arms and 4 1/2 inches in my waist. So yeah ... while Jillian Michaels' workouts are from the Devil ... they *DO* get results. I've also noticed that pesky back fat that irritates the snot outta me going *WAY* down. Keep it up, all you faithful MFP people out there that are abusing their bodies like I am with 30 Day Shred! it *DOES* work!

Woohooo!!! I really need to get a tape measure to see what the difference...
  • dreamer722
    dreamer722 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    OK so today will be day 10 of level 2 ... which means I start level 3 tomorrow ... and level 2 is *STILL* kicking my *kitten* ... but I will slog on. I know that I am *MUCH* stronger but still not strong enough. I'm proud of myself too because yesterday I woke up with a massive migraine and after getting it under control with meds (thank GOD for migraine medication) and then resting my brain for a while, I was still able to log in my 30DS workout. I'll admit I wasn't as productive at it and had to stop off and on in the middle of it ... but I *DID* it. I can tell a difference, like I said in my last post, in my measurements but I'm still hoping for some more weight loss. Ah well. The weight has stayed the same perhaps, but I *KNOW* there is more muscle, and since muscle weighs more than fat, I reason that this means I've lost *FAT*, so I'm ok with it all. However, I *STILL* want to lose more weight so we'll keep at it. Hang in there, everyone!
  • tat89iana
    tat89iana Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred a year ago and I can't really remember now how much weight I lost but I remember getting my butt kicked every time I worked out. I was doing a couple of Jillian Michaels work outs and I had to really modify a lot of the work outs with jumping around because it was messing up my knees.
  • mandakins79
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred back in December 2011... I took before and after pictures. What a difference!! She's tough, but I thought it got easier as the days went on. I recommended it to many of my coworkers. Unfortunately none of them stuck with it. If you stick with it, it works! I think I'm gonna do it again! Loved those results!!! =)
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped in 30 by Jillian....started wk.2 and some moves are a real challenge! Not sure what the difference is, if someone knows fill me in.