NSV: friends didn't even recognize me! Wow!

Options
icjason
icjason Posts: 27 Member
I'm an avid bicycle rider and a professional (weekend/seasonal) mechanic as a side-job. I went to help my shop out for a weekend "Fat Bike" Enduro race (a 3-hour race for people riding mountain bikes with super-wide tires like Surly's Pugsley and Moonalnder, Salsa's Mukluk and the like).

I rolled up on my Pugsley ready to do some off-road shredding and none of my fellow workers, who really haven't seen me since about October, recognized me. I rolled up, said 'hi' and started chatting. They started giving me a look like "who are you and why are you talking to us?". I took off my helmet and I started seeing light bulbs switch on. "Hokey smokes, we didn't even recognize you!"

Wow, that felt good!

Replies

• nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yeah for you! Good job. By the way, what do you suggest as a good bike for a 4'10" very overweight female who actually loves to bike. My belly gets in the way of kid's bikes, the space is too narrow between seat and handlebar.
  • CarleeB40
    Options
    Wow, you must have been on top of the world after that! Great job.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options
    Love that!!! So happy for you!!!
  • speedgoose
    Options
    that's awesome! great job.
  • ShunkyDave
    ShunkyDave Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    How cool is that?! Congratulations!
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    great job! congrats
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Yay! Those are the best!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Thats so awesome that had to feel good
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Great work.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! I had a similar one with a different twist.

I was out and saw a person I REALLY wanted to avoid the other week. Hadn't seen them in years and was just praying they wouldn't notice me.

But the guy had no idea I'd lost weight.

He looked right at me and had no idea it was me.

I felt like a weight-loss ninja.
  • chicky26
    chicky26 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Its a great feeling isn't it. Well done :D
  • Charmainedelaney
    Charmainedelaney Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done & so deserved!.
  • BonjourAmelia
    BonjourAmelia Posts: 71 Member
    Options

HAHA :)

and way to go OP! It must have felt amazing!
  • icjason
    Options
    Great NSV! I had a similar one with a different twist.

I was out and saw a person I REALLY wanted to avoid the other week. Hadn't seen them in years and was just praying they wouldn't notice me.

But the guy had no idea I'd lost weight.

He looked right at me and had no idea it was me.

That's a great one!
  • icjason
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words guys! It's wonderful to have all the hard work paying off. If I can do it, anyone can! Best of luck to y'all!
  • icjason
    Options
    Yeah for you! Good job. By the way, what do you suggest as a good bike for a 4'10" very overweight female who actually loves to bike. My belly gets in the way of kid's bikes, the space is too narrow between seat and handlebar.

Take a look at Surly's Cross-check. I set up a girlfriend of mine on one (she is 5'1"). If you put on a set of riser handlebars instead of the race-type bars, you'll have a pretty good setup. It's not cheap -- expect to spend around $1200. Other brands I'm familiar with (Trek, Giant) don't fit folks under 5' very well. Another brand worth exploring is Terry, who makes a number of bikes for adults around your height. Spendy stuff, but very high quality. Any decent bike shop should be able to get you set up with stem, handle bars, saddle and proper pedals once you get a properly-fit frame. Contact me by PM if you have any other questions, and happy hunting!
  • cosmic0074
    cosmic0074 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! :happy:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job very well done! :)
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That's an amazing NSV
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!