Anyone know of a good Cookbook?

Options
SarahofTwins
SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
I'm looking for a low-cal type of cookbook for myself and family, anyone know of a good one? Thanks.

Replies

• uscdrj
    uscdrj Posts: 18
    Options
    I love my very used copy of "Trim & Terrific Freezer Friendly Meals" by Holly Clegg. I think she has some newer cookbooks also.
  • aorfei
    aorfei Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the series by the Podleski sisters, Looneyspoons, Crazyplates, Eat Shrink & Be Merry and the Looneyspoons Collection. I bought my most recent one at Costco.
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have never been one to use a cookbook per say, but recently my mom bought me a recipe binder with tabs, sheet protectors, recipe cards, etc... I LOVE the recipes on skinnytaste.com and they are so easy. She does weight watchers so they are done over healthy recipes. She also does photography so a ton of her recipes have step by step photos. There have been a few that I looked up in the middle cause I wasn't sure it looked right lol. Just a thought!
  • koconutdreams
    koconutdreams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you have a smart phone or an iPad or tablet... but I love the app ZipList (skinny meals) that taste really good... I mean you probably aren't carrying around a cookbook unless you are at home. This is great because you can be anywhere and check out meals, head to the store (has grocery list)... it's really cool and free... check it out!
  • jcveen
    jcveen Posts: 1
    Options
    Dr. A's South Beach. Great tasting, easy prep, healthy food. Gets your blood chem fixed too.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I really like the Hungry Girl cookbooks.
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It's not a cookbook, but I use skinnytaste.com and have never disliked any of her recipes.
  • RachelL8136
    Options
    HUNGRY GIRL!!
  • Wrenbot87
    Wrenbot87 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I was given a the Weight Watchers: All Time Favorites cookbook. I've tried a few recipes from it, and they've all be delicious! I like it because it tells you how to portion out a serving along with calorie counts per serving for each recipe.
  • Slaci_Jo
    Slaci_Jo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had Cooking Light Magazines: Chicken cookbook. I went thorugh the whole book and my husband could never tell that it was a healthy cookbook. Some of the things in there were soooooooo delicious
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    It's not a cookbook, but I use skinnytaste.com and have never disliked any of her recipes.
    so much agreeing here that I'm gonna pull a muscle by nodding my head so emphatically.
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Anne Lindsay's Light Cooking: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/35/search/?sc=Anne+Lindsay&sf=Author&s_campaign=goo-BooksByAuthor&gclid=CPWb7-fe6LQCFSPhQgodeysAeQ

They are easy, tasty and recommended by both the Canadian Hearth and Stroke foundation and the Canadian Diabetes Foundation - also, she has low sodium tips on them that ROCK.
  • sdavis448
    sdavis448 Posts: 195 Member
    Options

I've cooked every meal off there for 2 weeks.. Amazing!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    found some very family friendly recipes in a Biggest Loser cookbook I bought at the grocery store. I wish you were close and I'd give it to you. :)
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Any cook book...and then modify to fit your diet. I have taken recipes from Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, that Pioneer woman lady, and tweaked them to work for me.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I like Tosca Reno's Clean Eating, and Rocco DiSpirito,s books. Plus I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest.com, health and fitness section, and skinny taste.com
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    HUNGRY GIRL!!

Or here! Hungry Girl has some awesome recipes that are yummy.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    All the Cooking Light books are good. The magazine is good as well.
  • pickmeupunk
    pickmeupunk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    "Eat what you love" and "Eat more of what you love" I bought them off amazon and love them!
  • UKMarjie
    UKMarjie Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    so much agreeing here that I'm gonna pull a muscle by nodding my head so emphatically.

OMG - super hungry that site looks awesome! ;)