Gaining on foods you ate a week ago

Options
Ok here's my deal, I will have a horrible day or two binge on my sweets that I love and won't notice the weight gain for 5-7 days later. Or it works the opposite way as well, I will work out and be perfect on my nutrition goals and won't notice a weight loss or feel "skinny" till a couple days later, or longer!
Anyone else deal with this? Is this the water weight people talk about so much? Because I drink warm lemon water to flush my system every day or every other day to keep the water weight away....Could it just be the way my body works? It's annoying because I will eat bad but see the loss from a week earlier of my good days and then I'll eat good and see the weight gain from my binge from 5-7 days beforehand! Arg!! haha It's really frustrating.Just wanted some other opinions on this and to see if this was a girl thing or if it was just me or everyone?

Thanks
Peggy

Replies

• Alison263
    Alison263 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only lose weight 2 weeks out of four as half way through my cycle I start retaining water. I also get hungrier the week before my period. But if I just have a day where I overeat the weight goes on 2 or 3 days later. Sometimes I think women should only weigh in once a month, less depressing! You go for sweets, I go for chocolate! I have a bit every day now which seems to keep the cravings at bay.
  • peggymoney
    peggymoney Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Just "good" to hear someone else notices the weight gain days later. I agree with the weigh in. Maybe every other week would be kinder to my self esteem, ego than weekly but then if I hit a bad day...haha
    Thanks for the comment!
  • mbrickle
    Options
    I notice that I also retain water given where I am in my cycle. I found that even weighing-in weekly was too much for me, so now I aim to weigh-in every two weeks or even just every month...it tends to be more forgiving if I have a bad day (or weekend) and I notice more of a loss by spreading the weigh-ins so far apart.
  • angelz_love
    angelz_love Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been really good lately but I remember this happening. It would take 3 days to show up on me. Now it depends on what I consume. If i have a beer now it IMMEDIATELY shows up:( drinking more than 4 oz of milk bloats me severely too. And it doesnt matter HOW clean I eat, I ALWAYS gain an inch the week of my woman curse lol! so annoying.
  • Alison263
    Alison263 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is tomorrow a significant day for you, or am i wrong? Self esteem, tell me about it! I think we need to separate the weight from the self esteem,