"3 Day Diet"??? Thoughts??

Options
a couple people at work are going to start this 3 day diet next week...and I'm wondering what your thought are on it?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-3-day-diet

Another coworker's mom lost like 11 lbs in a week but I'm skeptical 0_o I don't want to eat like that the rest of my life and my kidney would be screaming at me if I drank that much tea everyday lol Not to mention I would think if you dont do that for the rest of forever you'd gain it back QUICK...but idk....Thoughts????? Anyone tried it????

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I didn't read the link, but any diet that has a time span, and has any kind of restriction (only eat cabbage, only drink this potion everyday, etc) is not good. The weight lost on these "few day diets" is typically just water weight anyway.

It's simple really, eat health(ier), move more, rinse and repeat. It works every time.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I am 100% against any and all fads... cleanses... low/no carbs... anything that is based on deprivation. NO NO NO!
  • stang41992
    stang41992 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Take note of what they say after explaining it. The experts talk about how it encourages overeating and possible weight gain after due to a dip in the metabolism. I would say it isn't worth it to be honest.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    my coworker did she lost 10lbs, but it all came right back....its not healthy....i would only do something like that if it were like a body cleanse, not for weight loss purposes....
  • meliamom
    meliamom Posts: 23
    Options
    I've tried it. You basically restrict yourself to 300-400 calories for three days and then eat what you want (in moderation) for three for four days. I know people who have lost a lot of weight on it, it wasn't worth it for me. It really doesn't teach you about healthy eating. You basically starve yourself for three days and then end of binging for three days (which I did). Not worth it!
  • Malia725
    Malia725 Posts: 6
    Options
    I didn't read the link but just the sound of it sounds wacky. You'll lose water weight but not fat and after those 3 days it will all come back...even more! Sticking with a balanced diet is best :wink:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks ya'll!:wink:
  • txcwgirl
    txcwgirl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The first line on the link is this is a FAD diet, in fact if you read the entire article it tells you this is not heatlhy. Like everyone else is saying stick the the healthy way of losing weight, most of us have tried at least one of these FAD diets and have proven they don't work.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I think you could get similar results by just not eating anything for 3 days, but as soon as you eat it will come right back :tongue: