INSANITY!!!

Options
wondering if anyone is doing insanity. if so add me, im starting today, would love to chat with anyone pushing themselves to do this insane workout like i am lol

Replies

• julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to add you, I have ordered the DVDs online on Friday so I am waiting for it to ship...they said 2-3 business days so I am not sure when it will be here.
    I finished 30 Day Shred so that is the extent of my experience with work out videos.... I am 5'7 and 151lbs and most of my weight is in my tummy from having two kids!
    I am curious to see how your first day goes, I am super nervous and excited to start!
  • maseface1
    maseface1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 2 of insanity and it is HARD but im already feeling improvements. I think my strength and stamina has improved and i feel a little less 'wobbly' although i still cant do a push up! Im staying away from the scales and tape measure for a little while so I dont know if ive actually lost anything. Good luck!!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Just finished the 4th week and I am absolutely LOVING it.
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I just finished insanity yesterday!!! LOVED IT!!!!!
  • geto2010
    geto2010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    just ordered it from ebay in the UK, so will begin next week........u o

add me if you like, will add my posts once i start :tongue:
  • LittleLemonWedge
    Options
    I LOVE Insanity. It is a very difficult workout series but you get addicted by the second week because you can feel a difference in your endurance! :) When I started, I was out of breath during the warm-up and on the floor, gasping for breath, by the end. I got discouraged because I thought I was just so out of shape /: but I stuck through it and it becomes... fun! So good luck!

I used to hate Pure Cardio, now its my favorite ;)
  • ruby72288
    ruby72288 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hey! i just started last week monday and love the program! my heart rate monitor took a turn for the worse though so i have no idea how much i'm burning. my trainer says this work out will definitely make me lose, but i think i'm only burning 300-400 cals :( Should I be doing another workout each day as well? plus i HAVE to get my eating under control.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    hey! i just started last week monday and love the program! my heart rate monitor took a turn for the worse though so i have no idea how much i'm burning. my trainer says this work out will definitely make me lose, but i think i'm only burning 300-400 cals :( Should I be doing another workout each day as well? plus i HAVE to get my eating under control.

No. Get a new HRM. I got one specifically for the workouts and I burn 350-500 calories depending on how hard I push myself and this was just during month 1. Month 2 kicks it WAY up -- intervals are longer but the rest is still 30 seconds -- so I expect to burn a lot more calories. I couldn't even imagine doing something else in addition to Insanity. I had planned on hitting the gym to do my weights along side it but circumstances (ie: Busy busy busy husband with work!) prevented me from doing that and I"m actually kind of glad because I think I'd be a bit burned out. As it is right now I look forward to my rest days!

ETA: When you say you have to get your eating under control do you mean you're constantly over your calorie allotment?
  • ZTazlor
    ZTazlor Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I started this on Monday, so did Day 2 today. I reckon I am going to struggle to get out of bed in the mornings to do this at first. I was dripping in sweat by the end of the warm-up this morning!!
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I just finished insanity yesterday!!! LOVED IT!!!!!

how much weight and inches did you lose while doing the program?
  • Br4ndi
    Br4ndi Posts: 177
    Options
    Just started myself, today will be day 3 of week 1.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options

For month 1 Dvds you'll burn from 300's- 650
    Get a new HRM
    For starters , I would not do any other work outs , Get your form down ....

Good luck all.
  • aag83
    aag83 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am, and it is very hard, but fun and rewarding. I'm in my first week, down 2lbs, and I'm sure to stick with it. My brother did it, and had amazing results.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it. Middle of week 6
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I started this on Monday, so did Day 2 today. I reckon I am going to struggle to get out of bed in the mornings to do this at first. I was dripping in sweat by the end of the warm-up this morning!!

I am 10 days in and I still find the warm-up to be the most challenging. Once I get over that first bit, I am ok. I also do mine first thing in the morning and while sometimes it is hard dragging yourself out of bed, it is amazing how great you feel after.
  • Raya1980
    Options
    I did Insanity and was bored with it, lost no weight but was able to do more squat jumps. Been doing Les Mills Combat and I love it.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options

No. Get a new HRM. I got one specifically for the workouts and I burn 350-500 calories depending on how hard I push myself and this was just during month 1. Month 2 kicks it WAY up -- intervals are longer but the rest is still 30 seconds -- so I expect to burn a lot more calories. I couldn't even imagine doing something else in addition to Insanity. I had planned on hitting the gym to do my weights along side it but circumstances (ie: Busy busy busy husband with work!) prevented me from doing that and I"m actually kind of glad because I think I'd be a bit burned out. As it is right now I look forward to my rest days!

ETA: When you say you have to get your eating under control do you mean you're constantly over your calorie allotment?

I've finished it twice (just finished the second round but am doing 2 add'l weeks of month 2).

I have a HRM and burn 830 calories doing Max Interval Circuit (the hardest month 2 workout IMO) and about 750 with Max Cardio Conditioning (Month 2's version of Pure Cardio).

If you feel like you need another workout on top of Insanity, you're not pushing yourself hard enough. You should be totally gassed. I could see someone doing 2 workouts the first couple of days but by that 6th workout in a row, you wouldn't have anything left in the tank.
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to do this for a while now, my sister bought the DVD's and said she was going to do it with me but we have opposite schedules. I would love to friend some of you guys, maybe if I see all of your posts about it, I will be motivated to just do it by myself :) I am kind of scared though, lol. Good luck to all of you!!
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    :wink: Hiya, I just finished it last week, am on a break and will be back for ROUND 2 on Monday if you would like to add me, so that we can support and cheer each other on!! Best of luck
  • Justadream235
    Options
    I just started month 2 and its actually INSANE.. just as I got the hang of month 1 and stopped taking break month 2 comes and kills your life lol in a good way.. I didn`t think it would be that hard but its a fantastic challenge, I`m actually looking fwd to see if I can get to the last few weeks and not take as much breaks! You`ll love it.. just gotta push through!

Anyone doing insanity feel free to add me! I think Im going for another round after too! :)