NEED ADVICE AND HELP ON NUTRITION

Options
HI EVEYONE MY NAME IS MIKE AND I NEED ADVICE ON NUTRITION I THINK I HAVE TOO LITTLE AND MAYBE IM CUTTING OUT TOO MUCH FOODS AND SODIUM AND STUFF MY BODY IS GOING IN SURVIVAL MODE. PLEASE LOOK AT MY PROFILE AND HELP ME TY SO MUCH I WORK OUT ALOT TOO LIKE 10 TOO 15 HOURS A WEEKS IM LOOSING WEIGHT BUT I WANT TOO GAIN LEAN MUSCLE AND TONE UP AND HAVE ENERGY AGAIN LOL IM ALWAYS TIRED AND WORKOUTS ARE GETTING WEAKER EVERY MORNING I POST ALL MY DAILY FOODS

Replies

• carolinaf6
    carolinaf6 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look like you eat really healthy!! I wish I could eat like that. You could try salting your chicken just a little bit, I always add garlic salt to my chicken breast before I grill it. Then you could just make sure you are adding the salt. As far as protein goes, you should increase the amount of chicken you eat or add beans to your diet. You are a doing a great job as far as fat, calorie, and potassium. I would leave those alone.
    You could try adding a protein shake in every day. My boyfriend gets them at costco. It is 32 grams of protein per shake. He is in fire academy right now so he is working out just as much as you are.

I hope this helps in any way. good luck!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Looking back at your diary (I went back a week or so) I think you're definately not eating enough. You have to eat MORE when you exercise!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The reason you are probably tired is that you are not eating nearly enough. MFP sets you up with a deficit based on your goals and you are still, on some days, more than 1000 calories under that goal. You body needs fuel for exercise, and food (calories) is fuel. If you are set up to loose 2 pounds per week MFP sets you at a 1000 caloric deficit, if taht is the case then somedays you are eating more than 2000 calories less then your body needs to maintain your current weight. If this keeps up you will probably burn off as much muscle as fat. Please eat more, try to be within a couple hundred calories of your daily goal. Please lease the CAPS OFF, it appears you are yelling. Good luck.
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, eat back at least half of your exercise calories. If you must splurge on something high calorie. I would add in more carbs with lunch and dinner too. Have a vegie, protein and carb at every meal and that will probably help. Remember at least half your exercise cals should be eaten! You will feel much, much better! You're starving!
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    Looking back at your diary (I went back a week or so) I think you're definately not eating enough. You have to eat MORE when you exercise!

I agree... You should be eating more, when you work out so much... If you look at it as how many calories you really consumed then subtract the amount of calories you burned while working out, must days you really didn't eat anything you know?

Awesome job with the working out and eating healthy though! Just up the cals and protein IMO... ;)
  • Newme4eva
    Newme4eva Posts: 15
    Options
    You can view my March blog. I wrote a lot of helpful information there. Good Luck.