Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Meatless Monday

Has anyone tried doing meatless Monday? How has it worked out for you? Do you just go vegetarian or full out vegan? I've been debating if I want to start doing this, but I just want some input from other people about thoughts on it.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I am a run of the mill omnivore but I only eat meat about 50% of the time. So I guess it "works" for me. Remember that vegetarian meals do not necessarily equal less calories.

If I eat a vegan meal when I am eating meatless, it is by accident. I don't deliberately avoid dairy or eggs or honey, however some things I cook do happen to be vegan.
  • I would say either way, you can't loose. It creates a good habit and doesn't matter if you go vegan or tradional vegetarian. We just started a few weeks back and more than anything else I feel it's about finding and making alternative food selections to find recipes you can enjoy. I believe another benefit is to try to find local in season produce to reduce transportation and carbon footprint. Best of Luck! :happy:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    meatless monday centers around going vegetarian that day and if you have a family, getting them involved in the preparation. Its about going "green" and for your health. You can find out more info at www.meatlessmonday.com
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    We do try to do Meatless Mondays. I do meatless meals at least once a week. It helps our grocery bill not buying meat. The meals I make are vegetarian. I pretty much always use cheese.