Options

Replies

• Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
  • priorgirls
    priorgirls Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about not eating much but perserverence is our friend in this battle I think...maybe the only one lol
  • priorgirls
    Options
    Oh my goodness that is wonderful. Thanks for your encouragement.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 (at least for another 7 weeks) with a minimum of 50 pounds that needs to be erased. I'm gradually getting back into exercise (walking is best for me - the knees let me know when I've done too much.) My goal is NOT to diet, but to take off the weight gradually so it will stay off. MFP is helping me get a grip on what I'm actually eating since portion control has always been a challenge. I'm insulin resistant, but know that if I lose the weight and amp up the exercise I can reverse this and get off the medication that my doctor has prescribed (metformin) - There's a family tendency for Type 2 diabetes and I've been reading that this is something where I can control such a legacy. Feel free to friend me. The support will be helpful and we can always share ideas to help one another through this life-style change.
  • lckneggs
    Options
    Hello! I'll be 53 in July and am trying to get about 33 pounds off. Not easy. I have started a bootcamp 3 days a week and while the scale is not much different, my clothes fit better and I feel better. If you get to a plateau, your body is tired of what you have been doing. You have to shock it and shake things up. You can do a short 2 or 3 day cleanse, or if you are using a treadmill - up the incline or speed. Work up a sweat. Do you normally walk? Go try a yoga or Zumba class. Yes their hard but they work. You don't have to be perfect to do them! just do something different.

I'm in day 1 of a 3 day Shakeology cleanse now so I'll keep you posted. Our bootcamp burns about 500-600 calories per session and it's not easy. I'm the senior member of the class (YUK!)
  • jj129
    jj129 Posts: 2
    Options
    51 this month and my body is no longer my own. Good luck all!:smile:
  • elliev30
    elliev30 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh yea,,, I know exactly what you mean. Sent you an add request !:smile:
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Ask me too! 51 and struggling to lose :0)
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Tonya and I am 52 years young and March is my birthday and I am giving myself this birthday present to lose weight. No clothes, jewelry, dinner, etc just lose weight.

I have been reading these books to learn about what to eat and what food does to the body and have found it very educational things we do not learn we just go on diets and eat less or don't eat this.

One book is "South Beach Diet" and" Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight."

Since I have stop eating flour products I feel better and losing inches from my waist.

Over 50 is Fabulous.:wink:
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 54 (55 in March) and have been on MFP for a little over 2 months. Slowly the weight is coming off and I'm learning a lot about control, portions and balance. Glad to find you all here.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I gave up wheat products too. I ready "Wheat Belly" by Dr William Davis. I took wheat out of my diet just before Christmas and I feel so much better - and my wheat belly is shrinking. I'm 55 and I quit smoking July 2012, and I want to get healthier and feel better about myself
  • unhinge
    unhinge Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Lots of bodies over 50 on MFP.

Lots of groups for those a bit more mature :)

Here is one:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/320-woman-of-a-certain-age
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 and have been on mfp for almost 15 months. I've lost all my weight thru mfp and still have another 22 pounds to lose. It's slowed down now but that's OK cause I like the foods I'm eating.

It's true that the older we get, the longer it takes to lose the weight. I do see a dietician monthly to set my calories and percentages for everything else and also for motivation and new ideas.

Ladies, we can all do this, it may take a little longer, but it's well worth the journey.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 51. Lost my weight by weightlifting mostly, can't do cardio cos of knee problems. Everyone is very helpful. Add me if you like!
    Novcomparison-1-1.jpg

ETA: So far it has taken 12months.
  • randiiehm
    randiiehm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    wow you look great. Awesome job!!!
  • priorgirls
    Options
    Good for you WOW
  • priorgirls
    Options
    omg you're an inspirtation ... i need to quit smoking too, How did you do all this at once?
  • priorgirls
    Options
    I'm just getting used to the site, so not sure what an add request is. help :)
  • carolynb57
    Options
    Yep im 55 i will try to get a pic of me on here soon! Congrats on joining