So there's this guy...

Options
at the gym... I've watched him run on the treadmill. He's super fit and runs for 60 minutes at a breakneck pace the entire time. He wears a lot of marathon t-shirts and a close buzz cut. My gym is on campus, so most people there are about my age so naturally I figured he was too. Imagine my surprise when I finally catch him from the front and he is a 45-year-old Chinese man with salt-and-pepper hair!

I was shocked! I mean, I'd been admiring his fitness and his physique for about a week, thinking he was probably a young, Caucasian college student. Seriously, this guy has a physique of a 20-year old. All I can say is good for him! I know that it is often difficult for East Asians to bulk up but it is clear that his hard work has paid off! Just goes to show that you are not doomed by genetics. Or age, for that matter!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    what do you have against Asians?
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    That's racist.
  • BonitaAppleBomb87
    Options
    Shoot I need to train with him!!!
  • allegram
    allegram Posts: 117
    Options
    That's racist? Haha I have nothing against Asians. I am 1/8 Mongolian and have Chinese relatives who complain about how hard it is to gain weight! I know its not the same for everyone but I was just talking with my cousin (half Chinese) about how to gain muscle to play football. He does 100s of push-ups and sit ups and sees no change. I was simply pointing out that you don't see many Asian men who achieve that particular physique.
  • allegram
    Options
    Shoot I need to train with him!!!
    That's definitely crossed my mind! I wish he would offer to train me!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I don't see any remarks or references that would be deemed racist.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Maybe not racist against Asians, but I did catch some "I expect 45 yr old guys to be in wheelchairs and walkers" overtones. Or maybe I'm reading too much into it.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    I'm 48 - does that put me in the "how amazing that you can lift and run!" category too? j/k :laugh:
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Uh, 45? They must have let him out of the nursing home for the day.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    yes good for him.... good for the ole geezer. LOL!!!!! jk!
  • allegram
    Options
    Of course I'm not insinuating that at 45 he is an OLD man, just that he does look HALF his age. I can only hope to look 20 when I'm 40!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    LOL at most of these responses. No good deed (or compliment) goes unpunished.

Hell, I'm 29 and I would love to look like a 20-year-old (not the kind with the freshmen 15!).
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Of course I'm not insinuating that at 45 he is an OLD man, just that he does look HALF his age. I can only hope to look 20 when I'm 40!

hehehe...... i hope i look 20 to you young wiper snapper. LMAO!!!!!