check my diary please!

Options
I was wondering if you can check my food diary and offer any suggestions/advice on things I should change up. I feel like I am eating too many snacks. I usually work out after work and need a snack before hand, but find that I have been snacking after lunch until the end of the day (between hours of 1:30-5). I'd like to just have one snack around 430 to hold me over for my workout. Maybe I need more during lunch to hold me over for those few hours. Thanks!!

I think I made it public, if it is not, let me know!

Replies

• squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Cut your fruit in half and eat less carbs....get more lean protein in, and more veggies, but no corn, carrots, potatoes...things that are high in sugar and carbs. Other than that it looks like you are doing very well!
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    Why do you think you are having too many snacks? I have at least 3 snacks a day, plus 3 meals. I didn't go back very far in your diary, but it looks like you are eating very healthy. Just a thought.
  • Granny2b
    Granny2b Posts: 91
    Options
    Your diary looks absolutly fine to me, very healthy!:flowerforyou:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think your diary looks pretty good.
    If you work out a lot you may want to increase your protein but otherwise I think you are doing awesome!
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    great job, but just cut the carbs a bit. I noticed when I cut carbs I loose more weight. Protein fills you up too.
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I see you're not tracking your fiber. Maybe add that to you list of nutrients so you know how much you're getting. I saw on The Biggest Loser that foods that are a good source of fiber make you feel full longer...
  • valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    only carbs I eat are oatmeal in morning
  • BeckyDLC
    BeckyDLC Posts: 7
    Options
    :smile: Hi there.....sure can be confusing sometimes can't it? I quickly reviewed your food diary. You seem to go over on your calories (and you're aiming for 1600 already) as well as your carbs.....but you're under on your protein. Maybe get in more veggies vs fruit too (less cals and carbs in veggies). You seem to eat some processed foods daily as well (ie: sandwich meats, rice cakes, etc.) Many of these have extra sodium, which will contribute to your body holding in or retaining more fluid/water. Can you subsitute actual cooked chicken breast meat on your sandwich, and/or omit the bread? You can also eat a whole bunch of egg whites @ breakfast vs oatmeal once in awhile. (I boil up 2 doz. eggs a couple times a week. They're very portable for snacks too, etc....I just discard the yolks). You may also want to decrease your calories in general for a period of time to just get a jump start again. Good luck!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Agree with some of the others - overall, I think you're menu looks very healthy! BUT: I cannot seem to drop any weight unless I drop the carbs. I pretty much only eat carbs in the morning. (Healthy carbs, of course!) Dropping them from evening menus seemed to help get me past the dreaded plataeu.
  • sky379
    sky379 Posts: 46
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTIONS EVERYONE!!
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think you diary looks fine. It's better than mine, that's for sure!! But if you feel you need to cut something out, I would cut out fruit and add veggies.
  • elu123
    elu123 Posts: 2
    Options
    I personally think that a few snacks a day are better then just 3 meals. Healthy snacks (especially ones with fiber and protein) help you feel full and keep you from eating huge main meals. Snacks also keep your metabolism burning/working at a consistent rate...instead of having highs and lows. Just some thoughts. Keep up the great work!