Replies

• StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Still working on it after a year.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Been here 795 days and still not at goal. It would be easier if the finish line didn't keep moving lol
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    It took about 24-72 hours to formulate my plan. Once your plan is fully baked, you've already succeeded.
  • Jessi9598
    Options
    2 years! Slow progress but I think that's why I'm keeping it off and that's half the battle! :)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    7 years still working at it.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Started in July. First goal achieved by Christmas. Yay! And today I broke 200 so another goal broken there. Next goal, Easter 15 more pounds.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    2 years. And I have another to go!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    It took me one year to reach my first goal, which was 75lbs. and in the healthy BMI range (achieved it July 2012). However, I kept going after that and now I'm only 2lbs. away from my ultimate goal weight and 90lbs. weight loss. My plan is to get there by my 1 year anniversary on MFP which is Feb. 22nd.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I haven't hit my goal but I've been losing for 2 years.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    9 lbs to go to my *this is my MUST reach goal" and 19 to my ultimate. Been at it for 8 months.

Every body (not to be confused with everybody, but would be about the same) is different. We all store and lose fat differently. My "diet", which is not a diet but a sustainable menu for me to maintain my loss, is different than what you might require. The most important thing to remember is that you have to eat and workout at a calorie deficit. The closer you get to your goal, the lower the deficit should be to continue your loss safely and in a healthy manner.

Time is not necessarily a factor to dwell on. Had someone told me 8 months ago I would be wearing a size 8, I would have lost my mind with laughter. Today, 8 months later, here I am. IT does not seem like 8 months because just as life rolls by, and we look at how much our kids have grown, the same goes for this new journey and lifestyle. You will look back in a matter of time and say "WOW! I can't believe it was [enter time frame here] ago that I started this and look what I have achieved!" YOU have achieved a goal already by STATING the process and making a change. NOW is the time to let those changes play out in their due course.

Hope my words help. GOOD LUCK!!!! :drinker:
  • baxgilter
    baxgilter Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    2 years for original weight loss goal, new goals in the making.....
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My total goal is to lose 26 lbs. I'm half way there. It took me 2 and 1/2 months almost 3 to lose 13 lbs.
    I'm a work in progress :drinker:
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    10 months so far for me. I still have about 50 pounds to go.
  • Eisskween
    Eisskween Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Still a work in progress. :)
  • jsdholland
    jsdholland Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    8 months so far aand 58 lbs down, about 40 to go!
  • pagoubupa
    pagoubupa Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have lost 82 pounds since April of 2012. I have 120 left to go.
  • layapooh15
    layapooh15 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    8 months and 23 pounds down still need 39 pounds to go :p
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    22 months. that was 26 months ago .
  • gianamicole
    gianamicole Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    9 lbs to go to my *this is my MUST reach goal" and 19 to my ultimate. Been at it for 8 months.

Every body (not to be confused with everybody, but would be about the same) is different. We all store and lose fat differently. My "diet", which is not a diet but a sustainable menu for me to maintain my loss, is different than what you might require. The most important thing to remember is that you have to eat and workout at a calorie deficit. The closer you get to your goal, the lower the deficit should be to continue your loss safely and in a healthy manner.

Time is not necessarily a factor to dwell on. Had someone told me 8 months ago I would be wearing a size 8, I would have lost my mind with laughter. Today, 8 months later, here I am. IT does not seem like 8 months because just as life rolls by, and we look at how much our kids have grown, the same goes for this new journey and lifestyle. You will look back in a matter of time and say "WOW! I can't believe it was [enter time frame here] ago that I started this and look what I have achieved!" YOU have achieved a goal already by STATING the process and making a change. NOW is the time to let those changes play out in their due course.

Hope my words help. GOOD LUCK!!!! :drinker:

Thanks for posting this, I was getting a little worried looking at how long it took everyone, but youre right, time goes by fast. It took time to gain the weight so its gonna take time to lose the weight, I am determined to stick with it though. Congrats on all your weight loss :)
  • garystidham1
    garystidham1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    well i hope to reach my first goal in 5 days it will be 5 months i will have lost 100 lbs and i have 15 lbs more to my final goal
    it all depends how willing you are to stick to it and your willingness not to make it just a diet but a life time change on how you eat and you view food
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!