Started 30 day shred 9 days ago and following ww

Options

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I did the Shred last August and had great results. It was really the first time I saw my body start to change from exercising and eating right. I now have 7 of her DVDs and have lost almost 30 lbs! I love Jillian! <3
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have had great results with 30DS, is that the only exercise you're doing? I ask because 20 minutes doesn't seems like enough exercise to make a difference.

Quality over quantity and trust me this is a quality workout. It is the toughest workout I've ever done!
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi!! What's the Shred???

The 30 day shred is a work out dvd by Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser. I just downloaded it on Amazon.com for like 4.99.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Today I'm doing my day 1 today, again. Started it Thursday and then rested/skipped because I was both sore and lazy! Completed it last year and had great results.
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thirty Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. BTW, anyone that is curious it is on YouTube if you want to check it out without buying it.

When I was really successful with 30DS, I was also doing about 2 cardio sessions per week (like a jog for 30 minutes). I did not manage to do 30 days on. I did maybe 5-6x a week at BEST. I told myself that I missed more than 3 days, I had to start over.

Now, I am training for a 10K and starting 30DS (on day 5 tomorrow). My plan is to do the 30DS 3-4x per week. It might be more like a 90 day shred for me. But ... really, that's OK! I'm looking for something realistic that I can maintain.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    For those of you that have had great results with 30DS, is that the only exercise you're doing? I ask because 20 minutes doesn't seems like enough exercise to make a difference.

20 minutes of exercise is plenty to make a difference! Just put in 100% effort and you will see results. That goes for 20 minutes of just about any activity. :) Especially, if you are coming from not doing anything at all consistently.

If you feel you need a longer workout, there is a modified plan out there on the internet that combines levels back to back on a schedule. You should check it out. :)
  • choosingsara
    Options

Quality over quantity and trust me this is a quality workout. It is the toughest workout I've ever done!

My sore body agrees. I've worked out regularly 4-6 times a week at a gym or running/walking outside for the past 2 years and I've never been this sore. And I've only done 1 day!
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options

The 25 min is enough, as it is a circu trainig video and you do 3 minutes strength 2 minutes cardio then 1 minutes abs, and she does 3 circuts... by the end your legs and arms are crying and you sweating like a beast!!! Totally worth the 25 minutes of tough work!
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options

That's good to know. I started 30DS last week and thought I needed to incorporate some additional exercise into my routine.
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just did day 6. I'm wanting to do day 7 tomorrow, but my hotel room is looking pretty tiny! I may have to use the little gym they have tomorrow instead. Some of these London hotel rooms are a bit ridiculous, but I guess I'm not meant to spend that much time in here.
  • purplecharm
    Options

The 25 min is enough, as it is a circu trainig video and you do 3 minutes strength 2 minutes cardio then 1 minutes abs, and she does 3 circuts... by the end your legs and arms are crying and you sweating like a beast!!! Totally worth the 25 minutes of tough work!

Thanks for responding. BTW, how heavy are the weights you're using? I am using 5lbs weights, but I think I need to drop down to 2 lbs weights because 5lbs makes it difficult for me to get through some of the cardio exercises.
  • jfus14
    jfus14 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is the only exercise I am doing now besides trying to get 10,000 steps a day on my fitbit. I hope to go running one night this week so here and there I will take a day off from shred and try something else. I honestly feel like I ran a marathon by the end of the 25 minutes.
  • purplecharm
    Options

20 minutes of exercise is plenty to make a difference! Just put in 100% effort and you will see results. That goes for 20 minutes of just about any activity. :) Especially, if you are coming from not doing anything at all consistently.

If you feel you need a longer workout, there is a modified plan out there on the internet that combines levels back to back on a schedule. You should check it out. :)

Thanks a bunch for your response.
  • purplecharm
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and am so sore I don't think i'll be able to do it again tonight. :frown:

I've been doing it for 5 days and my soreness has pretty much disappeared. This coming from a person that is 240 lbs and hasn't exercised in years. Just keep at it. It gets better the more you do it.
  • choosingsara
    Options
    I did day one yesterday and am so sore I don't think i'll be able to do it again tonight. :frown:

I've been doing it for 5 days and my soreness has pretty much disappeared. This coming from a person that is 240 lbs and hasn't exercised in years. Just keep at it. It gets better the more you do it.

That's so good to hear. I'm going to do it again tonight. Would you say you were pretty intensely sore at first?
  • Jojo2k11
    Options

I needed that. I'm on Day 3 and i'm a hurtin! But, I lost almost 4lbs after the first day and I slept so soundly last night after I did it. I woke up this morning with energy I don't normally have.

I'm hoping for good things!
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yes they are on youtube levels 1-2-3 I just started level 1 today...... good stuff
  • crystalep13
    Options
    I have to ask .... what is a fitbit??
  • queenhiphop
    queenhiphop Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Where were everyone's most sore bits?! Mine are on the front of my armpits (does that make sense?) and in my lower belly. The 'pooch' as ms michaels calls it
  • crystalep13
    Options
    Day 1 and I am already sore in arms , forearms, lower abs....yikes
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!