thoughts about the 30 day shred?

Options
i want to hear what you think of it! was it successful for you? did you lose weight/inches and get toned?

Replies

• hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I did it about 3 weeks in a row then dropped it. Now I go back and do it about once a week. Problem for me was I got way too bored and the same moves for 30 minutes a day started hurting my knees. I would much rather go do a zumba class or even alternate all of Jillian's videos. The program does however work wonders. I lost a few inches and about 5 lbs in those weeks. Of course I was also eating much healthier. I was also doing some yoga meltdown at the time and enjoyed that a lot as well.
  • Annewx
    Annewx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did the 30day shred straight and I quite enjoyed it, it got me back to working out!

I'm not overweight I just wanted to tone up a bit. I didn't lose any weight worth mentioning although this wasn't what I was aiming for anyway and I did measurements before, during and after.

Cut a long story short my 28" waist went down to 26, lost an inch off around my bum and also an inch on each thigh!

Hope this helps! I do like Jillian Michaels workout DVDs they are great to kick start your workout!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I started it a year ago and got to day 8.... it really kicks butt... I need someone to motivate me to just get it back out and do it!
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options
    Heydoes anyone know how much each level of the 30 Day shred counts for exercise log? I just started today and I was not sure how to log it in my Exercise log?? Any help would be great and appreciated.
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options
    I like her too and yah know her videos are quit cheap and she gives free subcriptions for fitness magazine when you purchase her stuff she seems like she is not in for the money she wants to really help people be sucessfull in gettign fit..I love that about her
  • rebeccalynne15
    Options
    Heydoes anyone know how much each level of the 30 Day shred counts for exercise log? I just started today and I was not sure how to log it in my Exercise log?? Any help would be great and appreciated.

I read on here to log it under cardio-circuit training -general for 20 minutes
  • 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    Most people log it under circuit training general for 20 minutes.
    I'm doing the 30 day shred again, had good results the 1st time I completed it :)
  • maegan0205
    Options
    Yes, I always log it under circuit training-general for 20 minutes. I think that is the most accurate.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like her too and yah know her videos are quit cheap and she gives free subcriptions for fitness magazine when you purchase her stuff she seems like she is not in for the money she wants to really help people be sucessfull in gettign fit..I love that about her

Her "diet" supplements will definitely change your mind about "not" being in it for the money ..... some dangerous stuff
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options

I read on here to log it under cardio-circuit training -general for 20 minutes

Thank you very much I appreciate it....
  • CHRISTTY33
    Options

Her "diet" supplements will definitely change your mind about "not" being in it for the money ..... some dangerous stuff

Oh really? I did not know she has supplements too, well yeah then I agree, I am so against supplements of any kind, it is false hope and just bad for you..thanks for the info
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    well today was day one for me.......I fear the pain tomorrow... but that's not going to stop me (knock on wood)
  • wisconsinboogie
    wisconsinboogie Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have ripped in 30 by Jillian, it consists of 4 weeks, gradually getting harder, stayed on wk 1, for 2 weeks, started 2nd week and its much more challenging, I do feel myself getting stronger.....highly recomend Ripped in 30.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I think 30 day shred works grea.t I had to stop it cause I have back problems and knee problems. that starting hurting really bad that I could not workout at all. But I did it for about 3 weeks lost inches and a couple of lbs.
  • crystalep13
    crystalep13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will be checking out all of Jillians videos for sure... that one sounds tuff...but tuff is good
  • Tina2Cats
    Tina2Cats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    i want to hear what you think of it! was it successful for you? did you lose weight/inches and get toned?

I completed levels 1 & 2 and have seen a difference in my strength & endurance. I have lost inches, not much weight. I am getting stronger every day that I do it. I will be starting level 3 tomorrow. Highly recommended!
  • kayla_892
    Options
    I did it for a week and a half about a year ago, and saw my body beginning to tone. I got too busy and never followed through with the entire thing, but BOY will it work you!
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 for me and I love it! It's a great workout and I feel great afterwards. I took my measurements a week after starting it and was surprised to see that I had lost between .25 and 2 inches in my neck, bust, waist, hips (both waist and hips were 2 inches each) and thighs. My upper arms have seen no change, but there is noticeable more muscle than there was when I started. I also lost 2 pounds. All of this in just the first week on level 1!

So, it's a good workout and I highly recommend it since you will see results within the first week!