Funny little ways to add exercise into your day

Options
I had to heat something up in the microwave and while I waited I skipped for 10 minutes! That's 108 calories burned. I've started to do the same during commercial breaks when I am watching tv alternating between skipping and sit ups! Anybody else have any odd little ways of fitting a bit of exercise into your day? My friend tells me that she often does lunges or star jumps whilst waiting for a bus or train....:laugh: It's no wonder she hasn't been carted off for medical help by now!

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I take the stairs to my office. 3rd floor.
    I do ab flexes and kegels at my desk.
  • Rubia
    Rubia Posts: 5
    Options
    This is funny but I do squats while I brush my teeth or dry my hair.. hubby thinks I'm crazy lol!:laugh:
  • RosieB405
    RosieB405 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weat ankle weight when I wear pants to work at first the people at work thought it was wierd but now they are used to it. Now those trips to the copier, fax, and printer are a bit more productive.
  • amesnc
    amesnc Posts: 32
    Options
    If I am going to be cleaning for a long period I stop every 30 minutes and do 10 sit ups, 10 push ups or jumping jacks. Just to change the pace :smile:
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    this is such a good idea, i hop on the cross trainer for ten minutes when the oven is pre heating for dinner or do ten minutes on the body sculpture but i never thought of skipping when waiting for the microwave, think ill have to get myself a rope because every little helps :)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    isometrics works very well for me during the day.
  • shanerylee
    shanerylee Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love love love this thread. I thought I was nuts. I take the stairs instead of the elevator. Try and run the stairs when nobody is watching. I do pushups against the kitchen counter while water is boiling (thanks balace 9), i do arm pumps in the air real fast after I use the ladies room at work, and I do heel raises while standing in line or just hanging out. IM nuts I know. My kids are starting to hide in public :)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    knee lifts to the beat of a printer

dance while waiting for water to boil

squats and push ups on each trip the the ladies room.

I did get laughed at when standing in a line waiting for a police report............one 1 leg :laugh:
  • kathymurphy
    Options
    why not have fun while losing weight and getting firm. great ideas:love::love:
  • Dreya
    Dreya Posts: 12
    Options
    I love love love this thread. I thought I was nuts. I take the stairs instead of the elevator. Try and run the stairs when nobody is watching. I do pushups against the kitchen counter while water is boiling (thanks balace 9), i do arm pumps in the air real fast after I use the ladies room at work, and I do heel raises while standing in line or just hanging out. IM nuts I know. My kids are starting to hide in public :)

You're not nuts Shanerlee! I LOVE the idea of push ups against the counter. I am so going to do that, thanks! And heel raises when waiting in line too (a little more discreet than doing lunges or star jumps!) I also dance while I wait for the kettle to boil too.

I am so glad I am not the only one. Thanks for some great ideas everyone. Keep 'em coming!
  • J12Snyder
    Options
    OMG, this post is fabulous! I haven't done any of this, but hell's bells, I'm gonna!!!
  • msspriss
    msspriss Posts: 14
    Options
    When I get to feeling bored or tired of sitting down, I walk around the floor a couple of times to get warmed up, then jog up and down the stairs a couple of times, then walk around a couple more times. It only takes 5-10 minutes, and it makes me feel a lot better. I've been doing it for a week and it is 10x easier than when I started.

It takes forever to boil water, I should try working out while I wait for it (I'm making spaghetti tonight).
  • odessa_raven
    Options

You're not nuts Shanerlee! I LOVE the idea of push ups against the counter. I am so going to do that, thanks! And heel raises when waiting in line too (a little more discreet than doing lunges or star jumps!) I also dance while I wait for the kettle to boil too.

I am so glad I am not the only one. Thanks for some great ideas everyone. Keep 'em coming!

I love these ideas, and I agree - keep 'em coming!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I love these ideas, and I agree - keep 'em coming!

oooh, heal raises. Thanks for the idea!!
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I weat ankle weight when I wear pants to work at first the people at work thought it was wierd but now they are used to it. Now those trips to the copier, fax, and printer are a bit more productive.

OMG, I just had an a-ha moment! I don't know why I never thought to get ankle and wrist weights for when I work out or walk! I'm going to get them, thanks to your post!!