i'm new and need help!

Options
I'm new at my dieting plan, my goal intake is around 240 cal per meal (breakfast, lunch, evening snack, dinner) my days start out around 6am to late as 8pm for food consumption. i need help with recipes, amounts of food per meal and types (ex 1c bran cereal 1c skim milk, 1 banana as a breakfast meal)... any suggestions???

Replies

• Sweetpickles99
    Options
    Thats only 723 cals a day...too low.. unless you are eating 6 small meals then that would be 1446 cals.
  • rengl90
    Options
    HI! :) I'm new here today, also and my dieting is very foreign to myself. A couple months ago, however, i purchased the zumba fitness program. It came with a lot of recipes and they are very deeeelish! :) here's one you could try! :)

it's for breakfast :)
    Egg and Sweet Potato Hash
    (Sweet potatoes, peppers and onions mixed with scrambled eggs and served with a side of fruit)

ingredients:
    1/2 medium sweet potato, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
    1 tsp. olive oil
    1/4 cup chopped red peppers
    1/4 cup chopped onion
    4 egg WHITES or 1 WHOLE egg
    1 cup cubed melon OR one small piece of fruit

Preparation:
    Steam or microwave potatoes until tender. They should still be slightly firm. Heat oil in a saute pan; add sweet potatoes, peppers and onions. Saute over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes. Add eggs, continuously stirring until they are cooked to your liking. Season with pepper to taste (optional). Serve with fruit on the side.

this is only one of the many recipes i have that you can try...i swear by it. haha :)
  • jablumer
    Options
    Start by reading labels, measuring and recording everything. It is a big pain in the beginning but once you have your "normal" foods listed, all you have to do is check boxes to record. I am a huge fan of Fiber One original cereal, Yoplait 100 calorie Greek yogurt, clementines, strawberries and natural almonds. Good luck :)
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Instead of limiting a certain amount of cals per meal (for now, at least), I'd suggest just eating things based on their normal serving sizes. You'll start to get a grasp of how much you can eat and learn to manage what's allotted towards the rest of your day.

Also, read this thread. It's very helpful in getting started with your calorie goals.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Amypascoe
    Options
    I agree...that's too low. I was working with a trainer before I had my baby, and he said we should never consume fewer than 1200 calories but ideally no fewer than 1500 per day.
  • meg041009
    meg041009 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think u shouldn't make it so restrictive ... Use the diary to ur micros and calories and work with that some days lunch is going to be 400 calories some days it won't ....set realistic goals...