Wii Free Step? I dunno...

Options
Don't get me wrong...I ADORE my Wii Fit...and will soon be purchasing EA Sports Active....but...

The Wii Fit FreeStep seems like a joke to me. I mean, I did it for 30 min Monday. I worked up a sweat, and it got my legs going...but I'm not sure that's a good workout...my heart rate didn't increase all that much? The distance between the balance board and the floor just doesn't seem to be enough to be called "step aerobics".

Or, maybe it is and I need to move to the advanced or basic step now? I don't know. I'm just afraid that I am stepping up and down on that thing for 30 min to no real advantage. :/

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the rhythm boxing on expert or the free run? Now THAT'S a workout! Personally I think the rhythm step is more fun and engaging than the free step
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I bought the little thingys (love my descriptive skills today lol) that go under the balance board to make it higher, so when I do the free step, its alot more challenging.....I have also used it on top of my reg aerobic step, and used my body bar to get an upper body workout while doing it.
  • Roobytues
    Options
    Don't give up. It does really work, if you want to make it more of a work out you can buy the wii board extenders It lifts the board three more inches. Makes the upper thighs burn the first few times. Deffinatly try to mix it up though. Keep it up though you will see results sooner than later :)
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Have you tried the rhythm boxing on expert or the free run? Now THAT'S a workout! Personally I think the rhythm step is more fun and engaging than the free step

Rhythm Boxing is awesome!