Healthy Eating for Newbie Cooks?

I feel like I can't do all those fancy diets because I still live like a college student. I'm usually broke and I can't cook that well yet lol. This makes the whole dieting thing hard. I see all the recipes with foods that I either can't afford to buy all the time, or things I probably couldn't cook that well. How in the world do I get past this?

Replies

• Just simple (veggies and chicken) and cook. You don't know until you try.
  • I can definitely do the veggies and chicken. That's like my go to. And I've been practicing things a lot more lately. It's a little easier with my own place. I can burn things and nobody has to know lol.
  • magicsonata
    magicsonata Posts: 15 Member
    I would suggest that you find a good basic cookbook, that shows you how to do the basics and maybe a 5-ingredient cook book or something like that that has really simple recipes in it. And start cooking. By starting with easy recipes you can start gaining confidence. Ingredients don't have to be expensive, especially if you shop sales/coupons and plan your meals around similar ingredients.

If you have a friend or family member who likes to cook, you might ask them to show you some basics as well. The best things about cooking is that the more you do it the better you get and once you know the ropes you can make anything you want!

Good luck!