30 Day Shred?

Options
Hi all,

Just wondering how many of you did/do the 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels? I found it on the internet, and decided to give it a try, and even Level 1 kicked my butt (my fitness level is zero!). Anyone else done it? If so, did you like it? If not, is there anything else you recommend? Since I don't know a lot about fitness programs or anything, finding a routine to follow is important for me because I am not confident enough to try to do my own.

Thanks guys!

target

Replies

• lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    If you stick with it, you will feel stronger every time. It's such a great program!! I just started level 2 tonight, and it kicked my *kitten* all over again. There are some posts on here of people who have had some great success with the program! Good luck :)
  • Trishab415
    Trishab415 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred. I wish I could calculate how many calories I am burning in Level 1. I have no clue but I am sweating like crazy and feel like I am getting a great workout in a short period of time. My only suggestion would be to mix it up with another routine so you don't stress the muscles. But you will see and feel a difference within a week.
  • genpd20
    genpd20 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 9 of Level 1. I've seen a huge improvement in my stamina and strength since Day 1. I also started to notice a change in how my clothes fit me.

I'm a little nervous about starting level 2 in a few days. I know it'll kick my butt!
  • 0target0
    Options
    Awesome!! Thanks guys! I really enjoyed it...especially the variety. I don't like working out, so I get bored really easily, but this one kept me interested.

@Baggott110 - I looked up what other people did in terms of logging it, and it seems most people log it under "circuit training" and seem to think about 140-160 calories is an acceptable burn estimate. Just in case that helps :)
  • aimeehaven
    aimeehaven Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love the 30DS! I have completed it once and lost around 15 inches all over and about 8 pounds. I am doing it again now and am halfway through level 2. I log it as circuit training for 20 minutes but recently purchased a heart rate monitor so I know exactly how much I am burning every time I work out.
  • 0target0
    Options
    Thanks!

Just curious - have you ever compared what your heart rate monitor says you burn to what MFP says for 20 minutes of circuit training? (Not sure if you can look at specific time intervals like that). If so, I'd be interested to see how accurate MFP is, at least in that instance.

:)
  • aimeehaven
    aimeehaven Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes I have MFP estimates for the 20 minutes of circuit training I burn 275 calories. On my HRM I burn between 220 to 250ish depending on how much I push myself. This includes the warm up and stretching at the end and some additional stretching that is not in the program.
  • 0target0
    Options
    That's great to know...thanks!!!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I completed both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. Lost 30 lbs. I am 8 months PP and it was good since it only took up 20 minutes a day.