Hi There!

Options
I've had an account for a while but never really did anything with it. Today is the day that changes!

I'm 34, happily married with a 15 month old son. I am really motivated to lose weight and get healthy for many reason. Most of those reason have to do with my son. I want to be able to keep up with him and not feel self-conscious taking family pictures. I also want to feel good enough about myself that I can venture out with him and sign up for mommy and me classes and swimming lessons without feeling like the "big" mama.

I work outside the home two days per week and then work from home the rest of the week. My days at home are fairly flexible, but easy access to ice cream and television aren't a great thing.... I need to shift to healthy food and exercise. Exercise is my nemesis, but I must best him! My overall goal is to loose 80 pounds but my immediate goal is 60 pounds. This will take me from "obese" to "overweight."

I don't have any friends to do this with IRL. I'm hoping to make some friends here to share support with!

If you are interested in someone like me to go on your journey with, message me!

Replies

• Kabijots
    Kabijots Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too. This is my first time on MFP but I have tried other weightloss programmes which have never worked. But, this year is going to be different.

Feel free to add and will do this thing together! Kab x
  • philch4v13
    philch4v13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You can add me I just started a week ago and have 100 lbs to lose
  • emmgetsfit
    emmgetsfit Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You can add me too!

( philch4v13 - I'm pilfering your FRs :wink: )

33157254.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • TristensMom8
    Options
    Hi! I am semi-new lol...you can add me! :-)
  • Janetstretch
    Options
    Way to go! You are taking the right step toward good health! i am not overweight, never was. However at 5 ft it is very easy for me to gain 5 pounds and it be very notiiable, so i have been a long time exerciser. When one is taller than Y that 5 pounds is dispersed over a larger frame. However, I know how hard it is to loose just a few pounds and have always praised those who can loose a lot, it's truly a commitment that is highly commendable, especially in this day and age with so much junk out there to eat, and little time to prepare good healthy foods
    couple of things you can do to help you get started.....
    Go for a brisk 30 minute walk EVERY day. Cardio 'after burn' will help you to burn calories for additional hours even after you are done walking.
    Keep the ice cream out of the house. I have 2 ten year old boys. I know they want the stuff and when we stopped getting it that was difficult at first. But then one learns to eat what is there or go hungry. Eventually you learn to eat the better foods and your family will too and you will all be healthier in the long run.
    Eat 5 smaller meals a day, more protein then carbs.
    Rejoice that you are home, you will have time to prepare and eat healthier foods.....

Best of luck to you!!!!!!!!

F