Everytime I get healthy and eat right ---

Options
Ok, so maybe this is TMI, but I can't be the only one who has this issue.

Everytime I clean up my act and eat right, I have bathroom issues. The issue = I CAN'T GO!!!

I feel like I have to and my stomach is a mess, but I just can't go. Any suggestions????

Replies

• kellykat
    kellykat Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough fiber?
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I use super dieter's tea a few times per week. In the beginning, I used it every day. I just make the tea and drink it with lemon. You can have it cold or hot. It might make you feel nauseous the first day but after that it's fine. It makes things normal and doesn't cause cramping or anything like that. Once your body gets used to the new way of eating, you shouldn't have any more trouble. Just drink lots of water and get the proper amount of fiber. You might want to check how much fiber you're eating. Eating too much (over 30 grams a day) causes constipation for me.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    and you're eating fruits and veggies? The one thing that works wonders for me is Smooth Move Tea by Traditional Medicinals. Vitamin world has it. its like nothing you ever tried....
  • mzmoonlight
    mzmoonlight Posts: 160
    Options
    You need more fibre. Prunes, dried apricots, sweet potato with the skin on, quinoa... will all help with that. Make sure you are drinking enough too.
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Your body is reacting to the changes. If things don't get back to "normal" within a few days, I suggest upping your fiber intake...and don't forget to drink lots of water! :drinker:

Good luck!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I use magnesium citrate whenever I have this problem. I'm never regular but when I hit almost a 2 week mark this is what I turn to.

You should have 25 or more grams of fiber in your diet as well.

Try eating cabbage soup this sometimes helps when I dont eat it all the time. Same thing with kale.
  • danijlewis
    Options
    Wow...I have the same issue, and I have IBS so I was completely at a loss. I thought I was alone on this one, so thanks for sharing.
  • allykat8
    allykat8 Posts: 237
    Options
    I definitely getting plenty of fiber and eatting fruits/veggies (apples, prunes, strawberries, broccoli, brussel sprouts, etc.)
  • krissynicole787
    krissynicole787 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    my problem is i get way too gassy :embarassed:
    the kind that just keeps building up and hurts.

I think it was from all the fiber one products and dannon activia yogurt i was eating. Didn't make me go, but made me gassy.

Sorry for the TMI:embarassed:
  • vhoule
    vhoule Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Activa really worked for me:) And it taste good.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    My body has cycles. It seems like it'll hold on to things a little more for a couple days then suddenly let go. What works for me is usually lettuce.

Try upping some fats?
  • Autumn920
    Options
    When you eat healthy, clean foods, your body actually WANTS to hang on to the foods and utilize as much of the nutrients in the foods as possible for your well-being/physiological functions. The result....everything stays in, not much comes out. This is in opposition to junky foods, which your body DOES NOT WANT to hang on to becuase there is nothing in that crap that can be utilized for your well-being/physicological functions. The result....you poo pretty regularly because it's all a bunch of empty waste.

So what do you do? I don't know of a 110% awesome solution. A few things I've tried personally, and had some success with:
    Digestive Enzymes
    Psyllium husk with acidophilus (check spelling)
    Regular use of Good fats/oils such as fish oils
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Did you drastically cut fat out of your diet? It acts as a "lubricant" so to speak for healthy bowel movement. Try adding some olive oil in dishes and you may see an improvement.
  • lvfunandfit
    lvfunandfit Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have the SAME problem! I use Yerba Prima Colon Care! It really helps. I mix it into my protein shakes.
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    I drink Traditional Medicinals Organic Smooth Move Herbal Stimulant Laxative Tea every now and then. It's not like chemical laxative that can cause some issues. You take it at night before going to bed and it usually doesn't make you have to go until the morning...
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    What help me go: popcorn, almonds, peanuts, coffee, green tea