How to record exercise from videos (Jillian Michaels, etc)

Options
3-4 times a week I will be doing workouts from videos at home such as Jillian Michaels, Denise Austin... I'm having a hard time figuring out how to record this on my exercise page to give me credit for the calories burned. Any suggestions? New to this site...

Replies

• Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels as circuit training.
  • lucy529
    lucy529 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome and good luck with JM she is a tough am doing the 30 DS and she is kicking my butt LOL but enough about that the way I log it is under circuit training I too had trouble finding how to log it and most do it this way

Good Luck :)
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Record it as circuit training for now. I would recommend getting a heart rate monitor.
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If cIrcuIt traInIng doesn't give you the calorIes you expect maybe try high Impact aerobIcs.
  • leska1216
    leska1216 Posts: 260
    Options
    Google the dvd. Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred is 126 calories burned for a 150 pound person. Not accurate, I know, but better than nothing. It's a start.
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You can add/customize your own exercise. To calculate the calories accurately, I would recommend purchasing a heart rate monitor.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    When using circuit training as a long for the 30DS for myself, 217 pounds, and then next day with HRM the circuit training over estimated by 101 calories... I would highly recommend if you can afford the HRM purchase to get one of those... I know every body is different thou so may work using high impact aerobics, I never tried that option.
  • SneakyBat
    SneakyBat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I started with Jillian Michaels today and also logged it as Circuit training, general. I'll be investing in a HRM asap though.