What is your go-to food?

Options
Hi everyone, I'm just getting my feet off the ground in this journey and I'm curious what go-to foods you use for Breakfast, Lunch, and Snacks!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You'll burn more calories keeping your feet on the ground.

Breakfast - Cereal and poptarts
    Lunch - Left overs
    Snacks - Beef Jerky and Pretzels
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My food diary is open, feel free to browse.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt, blueberries, egg whites, uncured bacon
    Lunch: Tuna, peanut butter
    Dinner: Lots and lots and lots of meat, various vegetables, and mushrooms
    Dessert: Dark chocolate

I have a cup or two of coffee at breakfast, then green or Earl Grey tea or water for the rest of the day.
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, center cut bacon, tilapia/tuna/salmon/chicken breast, and spinach; some combination of these at any time of day. I usually do not stray unless I make something (shake, muffins, pancakes, etc) with my protein powder.
  • Cordy1228
    Cordy1228 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:

Greek yogurt
    Old fashioned oats
    Eggs

Lunch:

Flatbreads/wraps
    Laughing Cow cheese wedges (heh, wedges)
    Deli turkey
    Eggs

Dinners:

Boneless skinless chicken breast
    Frozen broccoli
    Red bell peppers
    Asparagus
    Garlic
    Eggs
    Frozen brown rice

Snacks/Misc:

Coffee
    Pretzels
    Baby carrots
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    Cheese sticks
    Lollipops
    Gum
    Flavored seltzer
    Dry cereal
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    snacks - bananas

i always have bananas in the house.
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. But I'm not sure why!
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    brekkie : eggs, bacon, avocado, sriracha with a protein shake (1% milk)

lunch : salad, a meat

dinner : a meat, and a green. broccoli, spinach, green beans.

snacks : apples with almond butter (my favorite!! homemade almond butter with cinnamon + honey), edamame, greek yogurt with berries
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Berries of all kinds, almonds, walnuts, and carrots. I love them! For something more substantial, I tend to go towards soups (like progresso) because I can grab them on the go, they are frequently on sale and pretty low cal depending on the variety (200 cals per can for some).
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate Squares
    Peanut Butter
    Pecans
    Walnuts
    Strawberries
    Baby Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Homemade minestrone Soup
  • MissMary44
    Options
    My go to foods that i try and keep in the pantry and house are Seafood, canned chicken for a quick lunch. I also keep almonds for snacking. Atkins bars when I need some extra protein and they feel like I am snacking on something good. I also like to have greek yogurt in the house. There are some yummy ones. The key lime feels like a cheat :) Frozen vegetables and even frozen fruit because the good stuff isnt in season.
  • muhl85
    muhl85 Posts: 17
    Options
    Breakfast - a smoothie with protein powder & frozen fruit or oatmeal

Lunch - Lean meat (chicken breast) and greens. Sweet potato if it's the weekend and I've put in a hard workout before lunch. Maybe a salad?

Snack- some combination of berries, yogurt, carrot sticks

Dinner - Chicken, pork, salmon, steak -- pan-seared or baked. Side of veggies.

After dinner snack - more fruit, peanut flour mixed w/ water, maybe some casein pudding mixed with water.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Alot of people are mentioning Greek Yogurt for breakfast...which do you eat? The one already with fruit added or plain (full fat or fat free)? Just curious
  • deanabailey
    deanabailey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal, eggs, banana
    Lunch: Tuna, spinach, cottage cheese, veggie burger
    Dinners: Turkey, chicken breasts, fish, pork loin, veggies (plain), beans
    Snacks: watermelon, blueberries, sugarfree pudding 60 cal packs, jello 10 cal snack packs, occasionally tbsp pb, 100 cal snack packs for my sweet tooth, bananas, apples
  • muhl85
    muhl85 Posts: 17
    Options
    Alot of people are mentioning Greek Yogurt for breakfast...which do you eat? The one already with fruit added or plain (full fat or fat free)? Just curious

For me, it depends on my total planned calorie/fat intake during the day...I just try to balance it out. I'm trying to pre-make my own yogurt parfaits to bring to work, and just bought a large container of 0% Fage...more economical that way! If I'm rushed and just grabbing a standalone snack from the convenience store, it will probably be a 2% Chobani w/ fruit in the bottom (pineapple, mango, or passionfruit!)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, berries, bananas and eggs all make frequent appearances in my diet. 1 banana +2 eggs with a sprinkle of cinnamon is my go to pancake batter. Delicious and good for you.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt for breakfast, high protein for the number of calories. I buy the big container of plain and mix in my own fresh fruit. The premixed ones are higher in calories from all the sugar and other stuff they add. I can have half a cup of plain yogurt and 1/2 cup of my choice of fruit for less calories and it tastes better and it's more quantity than the prepackaged fruit ones.

Red seedless grapes and baby carrots for snacks.

Unsweetened applesauce and cottage cheese to go with every meal. Cottage cheese is high in protein for the calories. Lots of veggies, especially fresh veggies. Fish a at least once a week, I should do more often, it's really high in protein for the calories.

Some kind of lean meat with lunch and supper.

The more processed foods you can eliminate the better. Fast food is the worst, there are better choices in fast food but not a lot of great choices.

Try not to drink your calories, soda is bad, alcohol is really bad.
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: two eggs, basted or oatmeal or a smoothie

Lunch: chicken noodle soup or chili or a ham and mayo sandwich on whole wheat

Snacks: nuts, smoothies, Jelly Bellies (but that's more to fix a sweet tooth than a snack), fruit, a small ham and mayo sandwich on whole wheat, cheese
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter. I put it on everything and in everything. It makes me feel like I'm cheating because it's so rich. It keeps me full because of the protein. I measure it out and log it every time. Hummus. Baby carrots and other fresh veggies. Feta cheese has such a strong taste that a little goes a long way.
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Useful post ????