Need HELP Getting Back On Track!!!!

Options
I was doing soo well. I had started to workout twice a day eating right tracking everything. And then Novebemer came. I had 4 Thanksgivings. The week after Thanksgiving I went on a trip to Chicgo. Then when I got back 3days later I went on another trip up to Dallas Tx. So I missed 3weeks of my bootcamp and didn't go to the gym once. What come next but X-mas and the new year, and my bootcamp takes a week and 1/2 brake. Then comes my B-day!!! Now I'm having the hardest time getting back on track. I can't seem to make myself go to the gym and the weather here has been so bad that for a whole week my bootcamp was cancelled. I know that I don't post very often but if anyone can give me some addvice to help get back on track that would be great.

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    MFP starts over every day. Clean out your cabinets and fridge, make an acceptable menu, and go to the grocery store. Do not look back. Do not lament the past. Start right now with the best decisions for you. And don't try to do everything all at once. Twice a day workouts are fabulous if you have the time and energy. Most working adults don't. Do what you can.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    well haven't you been living it up LOL, seriously though its time to get back at it, you'll only be cross with yourself if you end up putting on loads of weight again, and that will happen if you don't take yourself in hand. .. do you want to go back to being heavier, having less energy and not feeling or looking as good?? the answer has to be NO NO NOOOO, so you MUST get motivated, start today, start tracking your food, stick to your allowance and exercise - once you get back into the swing of things you'll be glad you did :)

Ruth
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Holidays are tough --- I had a backslide for 2 weeks but recommitted myself to forgetting about that and logging my food, watching my diet, and sticking with my exercise ... luckily i have some friends at work who are also using MFP so that's a good motivator
  • Chrisxytme
    Chrisxytme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We can try yo help each other I find myself in the same boat. I lost my first 10 pounds in a month and a half I went to the gym every morning before work. I tracked my calories to the exact digit. My father passed away in early November i cancelled my gym membership because i couldn't afford it. I was walking/jogging then the bad weather hit and im stuck in a rut and slowly gaining some weight back. Feel free to send a friend request maybe we can figure this out together.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I had 3 family birthdays within 2 weeks, Halloween, Thanksgiving, a death in the family, etc. etc. etc. Suffice to say that November and December I struggled a LOT! And yeah, who wants to go to the gym when it's 18 degrees outside!!! UGH!!

Every day/week is a new day/week to start over. Dust yourself off, clean out the fridge, make the right snacks available, get in plenty of water....you know the drill.

And like others have said, don't dwell on yesterday. It's too destructive. Focus more on what you can do today and where you're headed. It's more positive.

For what it's worth, and good luck!!
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    You know what it takes. Now do it!
  • vikkey
    vikkey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you soo much to everyone!! Yall are soo right I need to just not look back. I have gained back a few lbs nothing major and I can still fit into all my new clothes. I have lost this weight once before and I'll do it again =). I need to just think about why I started this in the first place... not to lose weight but really get HEALTHY!!!
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I was having a hard time getti g back on track, (my christmas lasted from christmas eve till jan 6th, then my dads birthday, then my birthday) so I upped my calories. I went from 1500 to 1800. It just gives me that extra leeway to eat a bigger meal, or have a tasty snack and stay in my calories! The first day I ate 45 calories under, today (while eating out AND having birthday ice cream cake!) is was over 100 calories under! I am still below 20% under TDEE so should still easily lose weight. I also switched up my workout so I felt it was less daunting and boring. Been back at that for 3 days straight!